Dave Scadden Boats

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Kiwi Phil, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Kiwi Phil Antipodean Piscator

Tauranga, New Zealand
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hi Luckybalboa, that's an interestiong idea. The freight is around $500 so it would be interesting to see what it would cost to get a couple of good tubes sent here and get a frame welded. The only real issue I can see with this is that there isn't an established industry here making Pontoons - so I'd be relying on a fabricator to (I guess) copy something from pictures. Worth having a talk too them though. Good thought, thanks!
  2. Robert Engleheart Robert

Lemoore, CA
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    I don't understand the remark about NFO/Scadden seats being uncomfortable. They appear to be the same ones Outcast uses. JoeFitzpatrick; Great link (www.classV.net) I'm going to apply some of those tips right away. In my humble opinion, it all comes down to "does the boat do what you ask and are you happy", lots of good products out there, and yes, you do get what you pay for......
    If you fish Sage or G Loomis or Scott or any other premium rod, you'll agree it's worth the $. Same thing with boats, or other hardware, not always, but a good rule of thumb.
  3. theregulator New Member

spokane, washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I am looking at buying a Dave Scadden boat, and I was wondering what you guys think about the madson river, skykomish sunrise, and the northwest express. Are the differences significant? I don't think Cabelas carries the NW express. Also, specifically on the skykomish sunrise, it is now offered in a longer thinner pontoon design, and a different pontoon material that has a lifetime warranty. Does anyone have one of the new style?