Day Lake south of Hamilton

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Roper, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +797 / 1
    In my dirt riding days I remember coming up on Day Lake around Coal Mt. I came in from around Bald Mt. near Cavanaugh. I know access from this area is a risk these days because of break-ins at the gates. Has anyone ever come in from Hamilton? I know there are some fish in Day Lake and wouldn't mind hiking in if it's safer up in Skagit Co.

http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/image.asp?S=14&T=2&X=180&Y=1675&Z=10&W=2
  2. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,733 / 0
    I might be old---but I'm good.

There is/was a road from the S.Skagit hiway just up the road from where it crosses Day creek. Not to get off of the subject,but Day creek was a good creek to fish. I used to get access to it by going up the creek off of Potts Rd. Used to be good fishing for rainbows up to 18", yes rainbows not steelhead. Got lost up there one night,but that is another story.

Back to Day Lake. Used to access it by going off the road by Lake Cavanaugh,but it's now gated. About the only way in is to hike in or by Helicopter. Used to be good fishing for Eastern Brook. Used to be some big ones in there. Jim