I spent about two months looking at that area out of the corner of my eye trying to decide how to do the rear casting brace. I also have a 14' Sotar raft I would like to be able to stack on the DB if the occasion comes around, so I wanted it removable. This seems to work well enough and is very solid. The rear floor was the other obstacle that took a few months of thinking to get an idea I liked. I don't have a picture of it on hand but it is a drop in mahogony slat floor similar to what you would see in a framed boat. I didn't want a drain plug in the center of the boat or the rear fisherman tripping on the anchor rope. I'll try to get a couple pictures up. Also, I didn't invest the time to build a steamer for my arches, just planed my white oak down to .25" and built a form to laminate it to the right radius.