December 29th Rocky Ford Flyfishing Freezeout

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by zen leecher aka bill w, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,100 / 1
    Zen, I'd happily take your autograph on any blank checks you'd like to hand me, but if that doesn't work you could co-sign a lone for me so I could buy one of those new Sage rods, dang things are so expensive, I'd have to take out a third mortgage on my house. As for my autograph I'd be happy as long as it doesn't cut into my catching time :)
    McNasty likes this.
  2. Bradley Miller Dances with fish

Tacoma
    Ratings: +104 / 0
    Thanks for the offer.... have fun skiing.
    I'll let you know how it goes if I get back over the pass.
    Oh: Merry Christmas.
    :)
  3. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,035 / 1
    For those freezing out on the 29th we now have a little snow over here. Got about 3 inches yesterday and this morning. So plan on water resistant or water proof boots for Saturday. If it's not white and cold on Saturday it will be cold, muddy and slippery (on the creek paths).
  4. dp ~El Pescador

.Renton, Wa
    Ratings: +91 / 0
    I've been meaning to head over sometime over the weekend - it may have ot be the 29th.
    I'll be checking the snoqualimie pass weather and then making a plan.
    how many people are looking to go so far? A dozen, plus the locals?
  5. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Maybe 5 that I figure.
  6. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +895 / 0
    We retired guys always have to check what day it is when we go out. Heaven forbid we get in an accident, and the doc asks "what day is it?". I don't give a rat's ass what day it is, like Jim says, every day is Saturday!
    I'd think about going, but I know I'll be skiing with her Ladyship.
  7. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA

Well Jim thinks every day is a Saturday because his mind is old. He also thinks the year is 1959 and Ike is president.
    triploidjunkie likes this.
  8. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,725 / 0
    Since all my days run together I have to think on what day it is. If my wife didn't work(Her choice, I wish she didn't). I would never know what day it is.
  9. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    As good as I can figure here's the list of those that strongly may show and might show:

Strongly may show:
    Patrick Gould
    McNasty
    Gary Thompson
    Alpine4x4
    zen leecher
    Triploidjunkie
    dp

might show:
    dfl
    Irafly

Jim, truthfully every day is a Saturday for me also. About half the time I have to check and see what the day really is.
  10. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    With that many showing up I'll bring my own rock. See ya there.
  11. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,337 / 0
    I'll show. I'll hit the mountain on Friday. I was just thinking it over, I might as well get my monies worth out of my state license. It would be the first time all year I've fished somewhere where my fishing license is needed.
    Stonefish likes this.
  12. dfl Active Member

Sequim WA
    Ratings: +130 / 0
    Who said Ike isn't president? I still have my "We Need Adley Badly" bumper sticker on my truck. Of course Ikes president. Who's the hare brained young pup that doesn't know that?
  13. dp ~El Pescador

.Renton, Wa
    Ratings: +91 / 0
    just got the green light from the headstead, so I am player on Saturday.
    I'll be pulling up in an olive outback. will be stopping in E-burg for breakfast at Bzz Inn.
    should be at RF by 9:00. look forward to putting some faces to some names.
  14. Irafly Active Member

If you want a surprisingly good breakfast try the Texaco gas station in Ephrata, they have a little cafe in there that makes breakfast burritos that are a must on my fishing adventures in the area.
  15. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +791 / 1
    My vote for the "Insiders Tip of 2012"... who they hell would have ever guessed that. Now I can have breakfast at Texaco and dinner at Blustery's across the street :cool:
  16. Irafly Active Member

Blustery's? Not familiar with that one. The Taco Maker as it is formally referred as for those in the know is well worth the stop. It is inside the Chukar Hills Texaco right on the main drag before you head South towards the Ford. I know if I'm able to make it over Saturday that I'll be stopping. I'll pick up one breakfast burrito for breakfast and one for lunch. They are also good cold.
    Patrick Gould likes this.
  17. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +688 / 1
    You coming?
  18. Joe Dirt Member

Blaine wa.
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Spent last weekend on the Ford had a great time. Fishing was good, weather was about the same. Posted a few photos had to many to post.

Attached Files:

Mark Kraniger and Patrick Gould like this.
  19. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +688 / 1
    Where are you fishing that you don't need a license?
  20. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +1,216 / 0
    Patrick, he said he didn't need state license but I'd bet he has a Colville license (unless he's a member). I have both as the Colville lic. is needed lots of places up here and opens up lots of possibilities.
    triploidjunkie likes this.