Deer Hair Streamer Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by rodeo11, Jan 31, 2008.

1. rodeo11

rodeo11 Meat chucker

Finished mine today, Wooly Sculpin and Twin Tail Madonna. Hope you guys like them, sorry no pics.

Jason

2. blsseattle

blsseattle blsseattle

I know I'm not in this swap, but I think I have the answer to slippery's problem. Try using a little less hair for the wing, and when you're tying the wing in, pinch both the wing and the shank of the hook in between your thumb and forefinger, then do about 4 or 5 wraps where you literally bring the bobbin straight up, 90 degrees from the shank, then stop, then bring it straight down. I know some of this sounds kind of obvious, but if you force yourself to stop when the bobbin is above the hook, it gets you to tie in your wing tight and secure.

3. rodeo11

rodeo11 Meat chucker

Just checking to see how you guys are coming on those streamers. Hoping we could wrap this up on time.

Jason - done
    seanengman - got em
    Cameron
    WPEB

I can't wait to test these out on the Yakima and Montana this spring.

4. rodeo11

rodeo11 Meat chucker

Cameron got your flies today. They are absolutely wild, great patterns! So now we are all but one done. How the flies coming WPEB?

5. WPEB

WPEB member

I have tied six of my eight. Will tie the other two tomorrow and will hopefully send em out same day. If not, they will definitely be in the mail on monday.

6. WPEB

WPEB member

I forgot to tell you guys that I sent out my flies on monday. If they are not there by today they should be there by tomorrow.

7. rodeo11

rodeo11 Meat chucker

Checked the mail today and still no flies Phil, hopefully tomorrow they show up. As soon as they do I will get them sent out the next day.

Jason

8. WPEB

WPEB member

Huh? I sent them out last monday, and they said they would be there by last thursday :confused:. Hopefully they will there soon.

Sorry about holding you guys up.

9. rodeo11

rodeo11 Meat chucker

Still no sign of the flies Phil. I don't know what is going on, I asked my roommate if he had seen anything and he said no. This happened in another swap that I was in and the flies showed up like a month after the swap was suppose to end. I don't know what I should do? Everyone ok with the wait on the flies?

Jason

10. WPEB

WPEB member

Are you kidding me? This is ridiculous. I guess that is what I get for not buying insurance on the package. I don't want to keep everyone waiting, but I don't know what to do. If you don't get them in a couple days, let me know. I guess I could tie some more...:mad:

11. rodeo11

rodeo11 Meat chucker

Still no flies Phil. I think what I am going to do is send the flies out that I have tomorrow to everybody and then if/when your flies do show up I will send those out too. I hope everyone is ok with this. Don't worry Phil, sometimes shit happens. I am sure that they just got lost in the mail, hopefully they arrive.

Jason

12. Cameron Derbyshire

Cameron Derbyshire Steelhead, Classic Atlantic salmon flies

Pictures are up.