Delta 6/7 turnover issues

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by James Waggoner, May 6, 2011.

1. James Waggoner Active Member

wa
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    Turn over issue solved... I bought a used 8/9 delta, cut the running line and 2.5' of the rear taper off, and 17' off the front, to end up with a total length of 33.5' @ 445grns A Rio 8wt. 109grn. 15' tips are now a perfect fit! New head total W/ tip is 48.5' @ 554grns. Spent all morning casting with amazement, a cone head 3" bunny leach. Single spey, left or right, snake roll, double spey...it does it all!

At 554grns, I'll probably keep this for sink tip/winter type work or the Deschutes on those sunny/windy days. Thanks everyone for all the in put.

James.
  2. sandspanker Member

Camas
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Looked good you were bombing that little leech LOL. I wish I could say the same for my casts. Maybe by the end of the June I will have figured it out and stop double crossing at times and blowing my anchor. LOL
  3. Klickrolf Active Member

Klickitat, Washington
    Ratings: +141 / 0
    Perfectly Put!!
  4. TallFlyGuy Adipossessed!

Vancouver, WA.
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    James,

Congrats, you basically made an airflo NW skagit head. With that said, don't skagit heads cast awesome? :thumb:
  5. James Waggoner Active Member

wa
    Quiet YOU! ...OH yeah, almost forgot :)

I call it my version of the Nextcast Winter Authority I've been hearing so much about.
  6. TallFlyGuy Adipossessed!

Vancouver, WA.
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    No big deal. I was actually thinking about doing that myself because I am so tall I pull my anchor. I might have to take a lesson from you on how you did it.
  7. James Waggoner Active Member

wa
    If you got lines to cut, splice and loop, I've got the heat gun and scale!