Disturbing versus tonight

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Daryle Holmstrom, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,260 / 1
    I've learned alot from the forum recently.
    1. People who fish and have tattoo's, piercings and wear hoodies are distrubing.
    2. Be quiet at the boat launch in the morning.
    3. Use of bad language in a thread can ruin your day.
    You can never stop learning :)
  2. Josh Benjamin Member

duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1 / 0
  3. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    It ain't over 'till the fat lady sings...

Versus, now isn't that a dandy name for an outdoors show. Us against them, man against, well every species imaginable. Not in harmony mind you, but versus. So what did you expect? Versus has ruined most shows so that they now all have that flashy, MTV, edgy, special effect, crap.:beathead:

In case you are wondering, I've got tattoos, had one of them since I was 16. Did it myself. Wore an earring since 1978, but quit because it just doesn't suit me any more. I suppose if I took my shirt off I'd scare all the little kiddies, huh? Bullshit. I should find a pic of me when I had hair to my mid-back and full beard. Despite the outer appearance, I was still the same loveable old me...:rofl:

Don't be so gay...:clown:

And just what would be P/C wording for the guys that like guys and the girls that don't? P/C, what a bunch of crap. It just a misconception by liberals that you can pick up a turd by the clean end...call things what they are.:eek:
  4. kodiaksalmon Jeff B.

Muskie country!
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I've got my next steelhead tattoo scheduled at Slave for May 26th! :cool:

Y'all are invited to come watch!
  5. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +105 / 0
    It was a joke me lads, threw out the ace couple of days back.

Daryle
  6. Jon Williams Guest

Daryle,
    I watched that same episode and had a different feeling about it, more in line with the others. If you noticed in that same episode, there were several different ethnic groups represented. One guy (Japanese I think) barely spoke any english. I thought it was pretty cool that fly fishing was their way of bridging ethnic boundries and coming together, all the tatted up guys, smoking, drinking with the "normal" guys (whatever the hell normal is now a days). I'm not all tatted up, just a few military tat's, but I've found some of the coolest people and the most interesting people are the ones that are tattooed up from head to toe. People will treat you the way you treat them. That's the lesson I teach my 3 young kids, regardless of their color, race, religion or appearance. Damn...I'm starting to sound like a frickin politician...I better stop.

That's my 2 cents for what it's worth. We're all joined by the same love for fishing, regardless of what we look like, period.

Group hug everyone!

Six
  7. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +105 / 0
  8. Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

Happy Hour, WA
    Ratings: +373 / 1
    Name: Cedric Willingham Remington lll
    Favorite Movie: Wall Street. Thought Gordon Gecko got a bad rap
    Favoritie Hobby: Flyfishing for upper Danube drainage huchen
    Favorite rod: Cane all the way!! owns two greenheart sticks.
    Political leaning: Staunch conservative. Stands "two feet to the right of George Patton, a half step to the left of Genghis Khan"
    Favorite quote: "Don't judge a book by its cover or a cook by its blubber"
    Claim to fame: "not my tats or piercings.........I can shoot lightning bolts from my ass"

[IMG]
  9. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,651 / 0
    Shit, this is bad enough to scare the shit out of one's self on a dark night. But to each his own.

Jim
  10. Milt Roe Member

Taco Ma
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    Piercings = more places to hang gear from while fishing.
  11. Jay Allyn The Poor-Student Fly Fisher

Bellingham/Puyallup, WA
    I have pearcings and tattoos and I'm still an avid fly fisherman and conservationist. The body art just has more to do witht he fact that I'm a college student and a metalhead (music not steelies). Hell, some of the articles/serveys you read out there are now saying that as many as 1 out of every 5 Americans has a tattoo now.
  12. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    You're all welcome at my camp fire any time.
  13. kylemccurdy Member

Port Angeles
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    I'm just happy I can stand next to my grandfather, one of the best known fisherman on the Olympic Peninsula and in his 80s, with both of my legs covered from toe to waist with tattoos and fish with no judgement.
  14. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    This thread is about 5 years old. Why did you bring something like this to the front. Nobody gives a shit about old posts.

The reason I answered it was the fact that some new guy posted it to me.
  15. hydrological beads are NOT flies and snagging is just ghetto

inland
    Ratings: +99 / 0
    piercings, tats, and braided goatees are fine, as long as you keep your rigging old school. nail knots, blood knots, and a clove hitch around your yarn indicator. oh, wait, the old guys are using loop to loops and hot pink thingamagimmicks?
  16. Upton O Blind hog fisherman

out of state now
    Ratings: +211 / 0
    My recollection is Elvis Presley sent shock waves through my parents' generation. The "duck's ass" haircuts, tee shirt sleeve and blue jeans cuffs rolled up, pants were low slung and here comes rock and roll. The James Dean look was cool. Elvis' wild gyrations on stage and the girls screaming for him were something out of reality. The beatniks were in there somewhere and they hybridized with the folk singing people and that resulted in hippies. Then the Beattles came along with long hair and new sound, drugs became the thing and coupled with the birth control pill, well, things started getting a bit wild. Now it's piercings and tattoo''s and wild hair coloring. Folks just want to feel special, unique, expressive just like the 50's and 60's I guess. Or maybe it started in the 20's with flappers, booze and wild dancing. And somewhere along the way they gave women the right to vote. I guess the only thing constant is change.

As long as folks are respectfully to each other, that is all that matters to me. I've had more "straight" looking people act like assholes on the water than the folks with tat's and piercings. I do hate to see people getting their necks and faces tattooed, that has to hurt and, boy, is it going to look bad in a few years.
  17. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    I used to hate loops to loops. Now I use them to attach my leader to my line. Other than that I use the Surgeon knot to attach my tippet to my leader.

And I am an Old Guy.
  18. GATOR9 Hey you guys

Yakima, Wa.
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    The sharks have been turned loose and they are hungry. CA actually has done some good shows and if nothing else we are all in the same boat for the love of the sport.
  19. gearhead Active Member

Renton, wa
    Ratings: +45 / 0
    Maybe i'm too old too, i just frickin hate flat brimmed ballcaps, juuuuuuuust hate 'em, just seems to scream immaturity to me, especially on anybody over 21.
  20. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +760 / 2
    Hey Coach is back! How ya been? We needed you on some of the more contentious threads over the past few years.