Diver courtesy ?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Evan Burck, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
    the diver would have thought, "better keep my yap shut.... with that guy there's a 300lb gorilla and a guy with upside down crosses on his shirt.... i'm going to bet beaten and sacrificed.... shit..." :(

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    What is it with people, that when they happen upon a fly fisher in a lake or on a stream they have to always get in their way. Like standing directly behind you when you are on a lake shore trying to cast. Or a kayaker coming down the river have to stop in the hole you are fishing and do a roll. After all is said and done, they ask hows the fishing. Duh.

Jim

3. Jake Bannon

Jake Bannon nymphs for steelhead....

Media:
    Too bad a girl was with you, you could have just completely laid him out flat on his scuba gear:thumb:

4. Mr.E

Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

Or, what about that friendly family that comes down to the waters edge and ask you " How's the fishing?" while their kids are throwing rocks in the water....
    :mad:

5. AlanPortsmouth

AlanPortsmouth New Member

Home Page:
    Where I live we don´t generally have a problem with divers, most are tourists led by local guides. It´s a small town so the regular fishermen know the diving instructors here and generally coexist quite happily (After all, we´re all boud to encounter each other in a bar sometime! :))..

The real problem is the tourists snorkelling, they couldn´t give a damn what they do.... They seem completely oblivious to their surroundings! Having said that, perhaps that´s just a vacation mentality - these are probably the same people who walk down the middle of the road unaware of the existence of automabiles cars because they are on vacation!

Does part of the brain shut down when on vacation I wonder? :)