DIY - South Dakota Pheasant Hunting

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Cliff, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Cliff Member

Seattle, WA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Hi,

I've been thinking about a very quick blitzkrieg trip to South Dakota, to hunt roosters. I've never hunted SD before and I'm totally in the dark about public access lands in the western part of the state. I was thinking I might drive over and try to hunt just inside the SD/Montana border, or somewhere near Rapid City.
    Or maybe father east towards Pierre? I could really use some good suggestions on this.

Thanks,
    Cliff
  2. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    Drive across the state line, stop at the first house and ask.
    You will be rewarded.
  3. Upton O Blind hog fisherman

out of state now
    Ratings: +217 / 0
    And if you've been given permission to hunt private land, take great care to be an excellent guest. Then send the landowner(s) who've given you access to their property a box of See's chocolates or something along that line as a thank you after you return home. Believe me, it goes a long way to building lasting relationships.
  4. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +895 / 0
    Adams and I've been thinking about putting something together like this, especially since grouse has been so bad this year around here. I'd be interested in seeing the results!
  5. Cliff Member

Seattle, WA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. If I do follow thru with this I will make sure I report back.

Cliff