Docs 8/23

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Tony, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Tony

Tony Left handed Gemini.

Media:
    Hit the beach right after work, thats about 4pm for me, low tide but starting to move in I really like the incoming there. Started casting a small clouser, cast retrieve, cast retrieve over and over waiting for the fish to show, I finally saw a small jumper which was encouraging but really didn't change anything cast retrieve,cast retrieve then just as the sun left the water I get a hit and by the throbbing of my rod its a good fish on, it makes a good run I move it back towards the beach and off it goes again have I managed to hook a chinook or a big coho I ask myself well after 10 minutes and 3 more runs I get the fish in close enough to tail it was pretty tired by now, a huge pink, must have been close to 10lbs, my first ever and after reviving it for 5 minutes it shook loose of my hand and rapidly swam off. I never did catch another fish that night even though I saw a bunch of fairly large jumpers that came within casting range it really didn't matter and when I heard the caretaker holler ok guys its time to go I walked back to my car with a smile.
    tony

2. Finni

Finni Member

Media:
    Can I ask how crowded it was there? ...Well, I guess I will just go ahead. How crowded was it there?

Finni

3. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Doc's has at least five miles of shoreline and I have seen and caught fish from end to end. Crowded is a relative term here. It's crowded when step into the water ten feet from another guy. It's not when you walk 50 feet away from him.

Leland.

4. Finni

Finni Member

Media:
    I guess that is true. It is not like being on one of the points, where being in the right place can make a big difference between being on a rip and being on a voidless sandflat.

Finni

5. Tony

Tony Left handed Gemini.

Media:
    There were about 8 gear guys spread out over the total beach from the bridge on down me and one other flyfisher and thats it but its not always like that.
    tony

6. Tony

Tony Left handed Gemini.

Media:
    There were about 8 gear guys spread out over the total beach from the bridge on down, me and one other flyfisher and thats it but its not always like that.
    tony

7. wboles3

wboles3 Member

Media:
    You want to see crowded, try Bush point. I had to navigate about a quarter mile of gear guys to find and area to fish.

Bill