Does anyone have a Chum report?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by 05tacoma, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Bill Douglas

Bill Douglas blue collar dirtbag

Media:
    I hooked two but landed none last Saturday at one of the usual early run spots. They were there, but not in force.

2. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    I'm thinking of taking my 12 foot alum row boat out there this weekend. Any thoughts on a good spot I can put in and find some fish without having to row too far? Potlatch? I don't really need a boat launch since I can carry or cart it a short distance, I just need to get my truck within 100 feet or less of the beach...

Any thoughts? Also, I may have an open spot if anyone wants to join me...

3. Tyler Speir

Tyler Speir Artist

Media:
    Home Page:
    I would love to go, but I cant on saturday.

4. one eyed poacher

one eyed poacher New Member

Why wassn't this post posted in the post. If the sustem breaks down "God save us all-we are doomed by anarchy!"

p.s. Where do estuary reports properly belong. I'm quite concerned. (Should we post half in salt, half in the fresh?)

rules decorum rules conformity rules laws rules rules enslavement rules rule

5. kjackson

kjackson Banned or Parked

Chad--There is no launch close to the hatchery, but you might be able to drop your boat in at the public dock and unload. It's low-bank waterfront, but has a fence with gate across the beach. However, then you'd need to leave it to find a parking spot.

Given the wind predictions for this weekend, you might be better off to pull your boat over the grass at Potlatch State Park and fish south from there.

Otherwise, you'll need to drop your boat in at the Potlatch launch and row. However, there are usually chums hanging around that area as well.

KJ

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

Does all of these four letter words make you feel like a man. This site is read by more people than just men. There are women here and kids also. If you can't talk with out these four lerrer words don't talk at all. As this is not the place for it.:( :( :( :(

I swear a lot but not where everybody can read it. But this is not the place for it..

Jim

7. salt dog

salt dog card shark

Media:
    iagree

8. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    Thanks KJ. I was planning on avoiding the hatchery zone. I'll be happy to fish in front of potlatch to the odd school of chumsters passing by. Is the potlatch beach good for silvers and srcs too?

I'm also looking for a place to camp. Can you camp at potlach?

How about twanoh st prk? Do they have any numbers of chums there?

Oh, and I my buddy bailed on me so I do have a spot open if anyone wants to join me in the boat.

9. kjackson

kjackson Banned or Parked

Chad-- You can camp at Potlatch if the campground is open. Same for Twanoh, but I would check with State Parks to make sure. Outside of that, the resort at Cushman is probably the closest.

Look for all of the above quarry plus steelhead...although it's a tad early for those. I would investigate the creek mouths and side channels draining the estuary and swamp.

Wish I could join you for a day in the boat, but that ain't gonna happen this weekend.

KJ

10. WT

WT Member

Twanoh is closed for camping.

11. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Chad, What kjackson said.
    Also, I caught my first Chum in the salt a few years back fishing from the bank at Potlatch, right off the point on the S end of the park near the restrooms. Have yet to repeat that, although I've tried a couple of times...at the wrong times, obviously! They were schooling in front of the beach there that day.
    Check your pm for a tip concerning an alternative place to fish off the beach if you can't find a good place to launch.

Jimbo