Does everybody smoke pot?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Panhandle, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

I'm astonished by the amount of people who smoke. Maybe its the outdoor lifestyle I'm in to, but I think I'm the only person who doesn't smoke weed. Even people I just meet and are getting to know who flyfish and "outdoor" all smoke. No joke. I have nothing against it, i just hate the way it makes me feel...to each their own. I'm just wondering if truly 90% of the west coast poplulation smokes the weed? No, I'm not a DEA agent. :rofl:

2. Slipstream

Slipstream Active Member

No, but there is talk of the State of Washington thinking about legalizing the evil weed and selling it in state run liquor stores. That would probably take care of all of Washington's budget woes by the end of the first year of legalization.

3. Steelie Mike

Steelie Mike Active Member

I don't Adam, but I am a minority at best among all that I fish with. One side of my friends that do not fish work in and around the medical field and most of them do not, though the ones that work in the hospital and fish due use tobacco from time to time. I am one of them, but at least only drink when I am fishing. In my eyes it should be legalized and taxed to death and think alcohol is more of a gateway drug then pot will ever be. My wife doesn't agree with me, but that is not the only thing. I think in time it will be legalized and do not look down at those that do take a puff from time to time.

4. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

come on pan, you think them paranoid herb' avores are gonna fess up here? pot smokers are dirty no good lowlife hairdressers !!! ......................hey, what was that?? , did you hear that?? come in synergy, come in synergy, where are you?? oh , and i got some great new hair products in the salon, fyi..............

5. Steelie Mike

Steelie Mike Active Member

Dirty no good low lives..........sounds like steelheaders to me.

6. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Lol! Don't trust him man.

Mike, I’m in the health care field as well. Great drug in the treatment of chronic pain and terminal illness. Far better than opioids. I just did an evaluation today where a dude from Oregon, w/ a medical cannabis card was arrested for felony possession in Idaho. Pretty fucked up exhaustion of state resources for a dude with a legitimate medical condition and prescription under physician monitoring. His only mistake was visiting the state of Idaho.

7. Tracy Lauricella

Tracy Lauricella Active Member

Nope. I just look like I do. :)

8. Tim Lockhart

Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

You didn't grow up in FW without it. Started in '81, quit in '82 in favor of sports and better friends. BTW Canada would laugh at this thread. Oh, and my dad is a hairdresser.

9. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

i would say this probably applies more to younger folk. I know people who prefer it to getting drunk and i think it is generally safer to be in a river high then to be in a river drunk.

Our sport attracts people with addictive personalities too, so there is that.

In addition, it is becoming more accepted by our society since the practical legalization by Cali and following states.

I am constantly annoyed by friends who let there life revolve around pot smoking though.

10. Dustin Bise

haha tell me about it. grow dreads and 50 percent of people assume you smell bad, do tons of drugs, and are just a shitbag in general. I guess though in a way its great, like a personal forcefield against ignorance!

11. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Or a magnet to it. That's some funny shit. I use to have dreads half down my back.

I'm a Deadhead who doesn't smoke weed or do drugs......... Talk about an oxymoron.

12. Dustin Bise

did you live in north idaho at the time????

if so, props.

13. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

I smoked it once, but never inhaled. ;)

14. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Nope, grew up in Portland. My Dead tour days.

15. orangeradish

orangeradish Bobo approved

My job keeps me from indulging. If I have any type of accident or injury, I get tested. If I lost my job, my whole family would be screwed. Otherwise, I probably would. I have a bunch of friends that do, and I never had a problem with it.

16. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

And no, I don't smoke pot. I just like me some Jack, Cabo, or Alaskan Amber. All I need. :)

17. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

About the only time I smoke is when I'm fishing, and I seem to know a lot of guys that way.

18. NomDeTrout

NomDeTrout Fly Guy Eat Pie

i stick with my usual cocktail of meth and crack. weed is for pussies.

19. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Stimulants are good way to focus on the swing and keep at it. Focus!

20. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

What was that? Someone coming to steal my pretzels? Quiet, they are coming, you have to hide. I hope my stomach does not growl or they'll hear me, but I need to get a snacky snack. What were were talking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.