Does everybody smoke pot?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Panhandle, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmwfish224

jmwfish224 You know what it is!

Why smoke when you could just catch steelhead? Besides, fly fishing is expensive enough...

2. wetfeet

wetfeet Member

I puff from time to time. Just two or three puffs is all i need and it puts a whole new perspective on things. Much more than that and it just stupefies me. Not to mention it's kinda a family tradition. By all means it should be legalized. Nothin wrong with a little R&R. I look at it the same way as any other intoxicant, moderation is key...... although i could use a little more practice moderating with alcohol. Thing is, drugs (alcohol too) are a mental vacation. like vacations, if your there all the time it is no longer vaccation.

3. oldskool

oldskool Guest

I tried it once, but never inhaled.

4. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Pan,

We run in different circles I guess. None of the people I fish with partake, excepting a few.

I attended college in the late 60s, early 70s, and the use rate was around 85% or so when I was at UW. When I began raising a family, I could hardly afford beer, let alone pot, so I became a responsible citizen. Still am, most of the time. Since I favor the legalization of any and all drugs, that includes pot. Declaring drugs illegal hasn't done society any good, and if all drugs were legal, the crime rate would practically disappear. But I'm getting off topic. Since I'm a non-smoker, I've never been a big pot user, but I've enjoyed it from time to time.

Sg

5. thewaker

thewaker Tight line takes ain't no fakes!!

Media:
    Adam,

Ah....... the Dead years. They were fun from what I remember.

I definitely inhaled......... for about 20 years straight!!!!!

Then I just got to the point where I was like, why am I doing this again? Just got to be a habit that I didn't even think about. It was just like breathing for me.

Gave it up long ago and haven't missed it at all.

I breathe a lot easier now. And I remember stuff too!

Mark

6. Daniel Nelson

Daniel Nelson BAMF

and to visit the drive thru at Taco Bell at 2:30 in the morning for a #5 and an order of Cinammon Twist. Weed is also the reason Taco Bell and 7 Eleven is open 24 hours. Munchies, Papers, and Black & Milds whenever you want them!

7. fodf

fodf Team Umiak

Only if offered and in the mood..not my preferred vice. Before drifting w/ a bud on the upper Hoh in the late 70's at 0 dark early after closing the bars in Forks, he's on the sticks, lites up a fatty and I say "Jim, wtf". He says "So I don't get scared". Hmmm, and we caught some nice steel to 16lb.

8. Pete Langevin

Pete Langevin Member

i don't and its only a misdemeanor here in mass.. tried it way back but it made me sleep..

9. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Media:
    I talked to a guy once that smoked..

What were we talkin about again?...?

10. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson Active Member

Well now - that explains a lot of things :-}

11. FLGator

FLGator Member

Adam,
    No.
    Sounds to me like you need to make better choices with who you fish with as it seems you fish with a bunch of loosers and need to make a change.
    Life is all about choices.

Take care,
    Chris

12. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Media:
    Actually, they're all high functioning individuals.

13. norcal51

norcal51 Member

Media:
    I have to agree. All of my friends who smoke all have there lives together, most are better anglers than me, they have good jobs, pay taxes(except on the weed) and are fine upstanding citizens, Minus the fact they are technically criminals for something way safer than going to the bar for a few. Wow, I wish I lived during prohibition times, not only would the fishing be better I would be an outlaw for going to the speak easy cool. What our country needs to do is tax the crap out of the stuff, fix budget problems uncrowd jails, And put non violent offender in treatment programs and we would be better off. Plus if we keep telling our kids how dangerous the stuff is(lying to them) When they finally try it, realize it didn't hurt them and go and try blo we only have our selves to blame. Education is key

14. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Loser = someone who makes different choices than FLGator. Being ignorantly judgemental is a most common human attribute.

Sg

15. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Norcal51,

Indeed, education is the key. Problem is, the drug education has been tainted with both ignorance and llies. It's no wonder the kids are skeptics or outright disbelievers.

Sg

16. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Media:
    Home Page:
    Grass is a huge deal here in the States. Americans love smoking weed. We grow the best in the world. We smoke more then anyone else. It's just the way it is. It isn't a west coast or east coat thing it's a US thing. Some of the most succesful people I know are recreational pot users. Some of the least succesful aren't. I'm not saying it'll make you succesful, there are studies that say otherwise. What I'm saying is that people accross the board in the US of A burn. You really never know who does or doesn't.

To answer your question though pan, no, not everyone smokes pot. A lot of Americans do though and fishing takes place outside and is a leisure activity, hence pot smokers will light up. It's not a whole lot different from a concert, or hiking or skiing. Go to your local mountain or concert venue. If you look you'll find Americans doing what they do.

It's a non-issue to me. Seems to be a matter of personal liberty.

Go Red Sox,
    cds

17. norcal51

norcal51 Member

Media:
    Agreed, needs restructuring. Out with the old Nancy Regan teachings in with the new. Just another waist of taxpayers money fighting this Glass war. Its a Glass war because its made of smoke and Mirrors.

18. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

Media:
    If you're going to call someone a loser, at least learn to use the language first.

19. Brady Burmeister

Brady Burmeister Active Member

Media:
    Nothing ruins an insult like poor spelling. Adam, at least you're not fishing with a bunch of Florida Gator fans!:D

20. Derek Young

Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Media:
    Home Page:
    I knew I forgot something at 7-11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.