Does everybody smoke pot?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Panhandle, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blake Harmon

Blake Harmon Active Member

Media:
    I enjoy it. Thats all I have to say

2. Brazda

Brazda Fly Fishing guide "The Bogy House" Lodge

Media:
    Home Page:
    Pan
    who the hell do you think your kidding, Jerry on the avatar, step-swing, step,,,,anybody that can do all that and not go to sleep with boardom must have either smoked a truck load and is still zoned out or still blows the fish wistle between runs.....
    JK,,,, drug free rocker,eh!

3. Calvin1

Calvin1 Member

Media:
    Someone speculated that it was primarily the young rather than the old. Not sure what is the defintion of young vs. old, but I fish with what I would characterize as a mostly older crowd (all over 40). I would speculate that well over 50% partake, and I also would observe, that these are highly productive individuals ( not a single dirt hippie in the crowd, and certainly noone that I woud consider a loser).

Personally I can't understand the socieatal accepance of alchohol and the aversion to cannabis. As far as I know, there's never been anyone who smoked so much that they killed anyone and couldn't remember it in the morning, nor have there been instances of domestic violence as a result of the overconsumption of cannabis.

To each his own, but as Ben Harpur says, "If you don't like my fire, don't come around, cause' I'm gonna' burn one down".

I would reiterate and paraphrase what Charles Sullivan said, some of the most productive and brilliant people I know are those who partake, and some of those who aren't, don't.

Carry on.

4. MasterAnglerTaylor

MasterAnglerTaylor Member

Media:
    all i know is that jack in the box is good

5. norcal51

norcal51 Member

Media:
    that's cool you Quoted Ben Harper.

6. ReelFlyBro

ReelFlyBro Team Short Bus

Media:
    I know alot of 50+ year olds where I snowboard that hike 1000's of vertical feet a day and ski/board down like they mean it, hitting the pipe here and there. these guys can hike circles around most 20 year olds I know. not sure what I'm getting at, but yeah. most of the people I know that smoke weed are quite successful and live great lives. I think it's great hitting the caves at the end of a chute and seeing a group of gray hairs puffing.

7. Derek Young

Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Media:
    Home Page:
    Hey, I drew tickets number 419 and 420 in the Worley Bugger Fly Shop river clean up event yesterday, but gave them to the fellow that hitched a float with my daughter and I.

Anyone else attend and win anything?

8. BDD

BDD Active Member

Home Page:

Sorry I missed you but glad you attended the event. I think it went well overall. Lots of garbage recovered, canned food collected, and fly tying materials donated for our veterans overseas. Pretty good event by all accounts. I didn't win squat but had a great day anyway.

Not sure what that has to do with smoking pot though.

For the record, I don't use any mind altering substances. I encounter enough problems just getting through life without any additional "help". Besides, with the number of brain cells I have, I figure I can't afford to lose even one. Fishing is the only high I need...not that I think any less of those that partake. And I can honestly say that the half a dozen dudes or so that I fish with on occasion don't either...as far as I know.

9. Steve Birrer

Steve Birrer Member

This is probably the dumbest thread I have ever seen. Its illegal. Period. I don't care if you think its a dumb law. Its the law. And the comparison to alcohol is pretty lame.

I know lots of people who go have a drink with a meal. Like a beer with your pizza. You have a beer or two because it tastes good. Not to get a buzz. When you are smokin a joint its to get high period.....or do you think it tastes good? I woulnd't know.:eek:

10. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

I just hope those of you who smoke pot don't get behind the wheel of a vehicle while still affected.

11. Daniel Nelson

Daniel Nelson BAMF

this was the dumbest reply i've ever seen.

12. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
    I second that

13. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

Media:
    It's against the law in Washington to go out in public if you have a common cold. Just sayin'.

14. Jeff Studebaker

Jeff Studebaker Kayak Fly Angler

I call BS. (Unless you can post a pic of you happily drinking a non-alcoholic beer with your pizza.)

But you are correct that the comparison with alcohol is not valid. A spliff the size of a baby's arm wouldn't kill you, but people die all the time from alcohol poisoning.

15. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

Media:
    you know, there has been some studies done that indicate thc does not actually impair driving ability.

and comparing smoking to drinking is a valid comparison. alcohol is directly responsible for many deaths. the LD50 for cannabis is high enough that it is functionally impossible to overdose on. if you want to talk about effects on the body, and how "smoking" anything is bad then consider that THC is fat soluble allowing for it to be ingested without smoking and harming your lungs. there is also the ability to vaporize THC, another healthy alternative to smoking. these methods are of ingestion are perfect for medical applications, which leads me to the point that not everyone is smoking a join "to get high period". Cannabis can be used as a safer long term pain treatment then legal options such as OPIATES, which are highly physically addictive. I personally know some people who have switched over to medical marijuana to overcome prescription opiate addiction while still reducing there pain to a level that allows them to function on a day to day basis.

in addition to that the reasons behind why it was made illegal are ridiculous. its a subject shaded by propaganda, and misinformation.

ifsteve, your entitled to your opinion i agree with the two people above me.

16. Steve Birrer

Steve Birrer Member

Ok, I should clarify I wasn't referring to LEGITIMATE medical use (not what they do in CA!!). This thread was about general use and that is to get high. And drinking is NOT illegal. Under the influence is illegal. So its pretty simple to me. Some on here are trying to make a comparions between a legal activity and an illegal one. Dumb.

And for the record I fish with a lot of different guys (and girls) and NONE of them smoke illegal substances.

17. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

Media:
    troll.......

18. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
    good for you then. you're obviously doing better at life than the rest of us

19. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
    I'm very surprised this thread has remained open for 6 pages

20. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Can't argue with that conclusion!
    :>)

Do smoke, even 'roll my own' but all legal stuff going into the paper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.