donation rod

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by NIrodneck, Jan 21, 2013.

1. NIrodneck Member

Dover,ID
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    I have not posted a rod in quite awhile, but I built this rod for a benefit auction for an ex student with a rare bone cancer. Ashley is a 24 year old young woman who has had a rough go of it. She has had a total knee replacement,chemo,and radiation. For now she is in remission but... Anyway on to the rod. Blank is a Lamiglass 9' 4pc 6wt,reel seat is a Batson 101 with a birch and bubinga ellipticall. Grip is carbon fiber ends,flor cork,bubinga accents and light/dark burl center. guides are minima 4's. Wraps are Fishawk burgundy varigated with pac bay gunsmoke metallic.

[IMG]

[IMG]

oh yeah moose antler winding check

[IMG]
    enlightened likes this.
  2. Matthew LeBret Active Member

clarkston, wa
    Ratings: +78 / 0
    Glad to see you posting again. Great rod for even a better purpose! The light/Dark burl looks good with your carbonfiber, I also like your thread band added to the reel seat ring
    enlightened likes this.
  3. WABOWMAN Active Member

Port Townsend,WA
    Ratings: +31 / 0
    I see that the burgundy thread is varigated light and dark too.Is that the thread or did you make it that way? Also love the adding of the wraps on the seat
  4. ken2cross Member

Lake Stevens, Wa
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    Tell us about the auction if it hasn't happened yet
    Ken
  5. NIrodneck Member

Dover,ID
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    The auction was a couple of weeks ago and was a big success. They teamed that rod up with a Ross Hall original black and white photo and the team went for $850. All told the auction raised nearly $30,000 for Ashley and her family.
  6. Dave Alberts Member

Lakewood, WA
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    Great job! Thanks for your generosity!
  7. crookedneck New Member

Peshtigo, Wi
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Great looking build
  8. sourdoughsmitty Member

cashmere,wa
    Ratings: +22 / 0
    Very nice rod , and an even nicer gesture on your part My grand ma always said every so often do something for someone and it will be repaid in many ways you sir will no doubt be blessed with much good karma
    smitty