Done with Simms

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by miyawaki, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well I think that went w/o saying...lol ;)

I agree on the other points as well...way to focus on the negative Jerry... :rofl:

2. Just going with the flow of the thread. LOL

3. YUP!

4. LOL Ed, don't make me park you. I haven't had my turn yet doing it. :)

5. Crap, don't do it...I could not handle it...I'm not going on a multi day trip to keep me busy.

6. do you fish out of a boat mostly or wade?

7. Wade, 1 in 3 days in a boat during the spring and early summer season. The rest of the year it is pretty much strictly much wading, and I have been known to do some serious bushwacking. So if the waders don't work, the problem surfaces quickly.

The fact of the matter is that there are two types of waders; Those that leak and those that don't. Certain times having leaky waders isn't all that bad, but for the other 12 months in Montana, leaky waders blow and jeopardize quality time on the matter.

8. Simms are the shit.

9. It's not the days you spend - it's the miles and the use. Lot's of Simms boys sit up high in the saddle and have some one else do their walking and rigging. They just do the talking.

10. I got nothing against Simms, the stuff I've bought from them has been fine (though I've never bought waders). But I will say that Orvis has done me right in the wader department.

11. Teedub I wouldn't say that. That's like any high end anything in flyfishing. I know guys who have all brands that are like that. Just depends on how much you spend (or shall I say afford to spend). I do alot of heavy wading even WITH my driftboat (including portaging and getting out to move boat in low water). We bushwhacked a couple days last week when water got super low. Like I said I have about 25 hard days in my Simms. BUT, I bought a used pair of freestones (well, used one day supposedly before I got them). So far, I like them, but from what I've read from everyone I have 5 days until the leak starts. LOL.

Seriously though, I can't remember who said it above, but brands that sell more get more complaints. It happens. Rarely, even a great product, goes without some sort of complaint. So no need for people to start a cock size comparing contest here. But for me, my Freestones have been great. And I've put a bashing on them already (including cooking in them at the bank and getting grease all over them). Worried they'd leak at those spots (from experience with goretex and grease on my rainjackets at work). Held up fine, and even with the bushwacking through thickets/blackberry bushes were gold. Saying this though, I'm still going to try out some Dan Baileys next. Just scored a great deal on the Freestones. :)

12. My Simm's extreme bootfoots keep me warm all winter long (as well as fall and spring) in water as cold as 37 F. I have no complaints. I have some older G3s as well and these did develop leaks that I couldn't fix but Simms took and reconditioned them for a very fair fee. My old jacket is still going stong as well. This is simply to let readers out there know that there are some satisfied Simms customers. I am one of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.