DON'T BUY CND RODS

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by kamishak steve, May 1, 2012.

1. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Hi Juro.

2. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Media:
    Said it before,say it again...a good caster,meaning proficient!, can make any rod fish with whatever line..........wait for it...............

OR IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE,PERIOD
    AUDI 5000

3. hydrological

hydrological beads are NOT flies and snagging is just ghetto

dont buy a winston either. at least 2nd hand, or new, if you care about resale value. they are charging over 250 to fix defective cork grips for a second owner. glue voids, or miss drilled rings have been common recently. this problem i have seen on many of my clients rods lately. most casual anglers wouldn't recognize it, as its not a visible defect, and on about half of them would only be noticeable under power during the cast, or putting the wood to a fish. 2 things many anglers never do. i havent seen any problem on older, pre- B2x rods, but even a brand new b3x i cast had the same issue. ironically, i havent seen this on their imports. imo, winston quality has really gone downhill, and with with their wtty issues, i wont be buying another, new or used, for myself. however you feel about the lifetime wtty issue for 2nd owners, when the competition does it so much better, eventually resale value will suffer, and that cant be good for new rod sales.

4. juro

juro New Member

Greetings Kerry - hope you're well, I am already looking forward to my late winter trip. Don't sore lip them all

5. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member