Douglas Lake Ranch

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by David McAllister, Nov 16, 2013.

1. David McAllister New Member

Marysville,washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Has anyone fished douglas lake ranch? Good/bad experience?Thinking of a mid June trip.
  2. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +206 / 0
    I used to love Douglas Lake Ranch. Took my camper and camped on any of the various lakes (Pikes, Little Sabin, Crater were all good). Then they started not allowing campers on the lakes and you had to drive to the lake each day from Salmon Lake where you could camp-ruined the whole thing for me! But the fishing is good and Minnie and Stoney are definitely worth trying.
  3. tippet hardcore flyfishing addict

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    The fishing is outstanding on both Minnie and Stoney. Stoney lake Lodge is a great place to stay, and the cost is quite reasonable, in my opinion. I believe it was $250 per person per day, double occupancy. It included lodging, outstanding meals (including a box lunch they make for you to take fishing) and fishing on either Minnie or Stoney Lake. The lodge is beautiful and comfortable, and the lakes are in a beautiful setting. There are a number of other options for those on a tighter budget. The fishing on Minnie and Stoney is what you what you would expect on a well-managed, highly productive lake with relatively light fishing pressure. The Pennask rainbows all jump multiple times and often jump 4 to 5 feet into the air. The catch rate varies directly with your skill level. My friends and I do a lot of stillwater fishing, and do quite well up there. However, a number of the fishermen who aren't into lake fishing so much really struggle to catch fish. You should have a great time there in June.
  4. Topstoy Member

Tonasket, WA
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    We went up there a few years back and like Rick mentioned, we camped at Salmon Lake as well. Fishing was so so on Salmon. We did spend one day on one of the private lakes, can't remember which one it was but it was great fishing. There were 3 of us fishing the little lake and I am thinking that each of us caught 30-40 ish fish. Again it was a few years back but it was a blast.
  5. David McAllister New Member

Marysville,washington
  6. David McAllister New Member

Marysville,washington
    Whats the drive time from the Seattle area.
  7. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +936 / 0
    I went up on an impromptu trip a few years ago and camped at Salmon Lake (aka slept in the back of the car). I had just finished a week of business meetings that lasted 'til 2am every day so when I finished my last meeting in Vancouver, I decided to take the long way home through Osoyoos and hit Douglas Lake Ranch on the way. I fished two of the 'cheap' lakes, Pikes one day and Little Sabin the next. How good was the fishing? Well, I was so exhausted from my work week, I fell asleep twice in my WaterMaster. However both times I feel asleep, I hooked a fish, woke up and landed it, lol. Any place with fishing so good that you can catch fish while you're sleeping is worth a visit!
    wadin' boot and bakerite like this.
  8. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +165 / 0
    Those were dreams, Freestone.

MB
    wadin' boot and Freestone like this.
  9. Topstoy Member

Tonasket, WA
    It is about 6 hrs I would guess. It was about 4 from Ferndale where I used to live. Depends on the border wait as well.
  10. David McAllister New Member

Marysville,washington
    thanks to all for the response.
  11. Strike Zone Member

Castle Rock, Wash.
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    Topstoy: I see you once lived in Ferndale. Me too. I grew up there and graduated from Ferndale Hi back in 1966. My family homesteaded out west of town on the Douglas road. Did you live there very long?
    Denny
  12. Topstoy Member

Tonasket, WA
    Lived there about 26 yrs. Still have my house there which my son is staying in. Moved to our place in Tonasket this summer. Love the change, nice and quiet over here. I graduated from Sehome in 78.
  13. Strike Zone Member

Castle Rock, Wash.
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    Topstoy: I remember Sehome very well.. Used to have alot of fun up on Sehome Hill years back when I'd fall trees across the road to block those who were parked up there watching the submarine races so to speak so they couldn't get down off the hill without having to figure out how to move the trees out of the way. Fun times. I grew up out near Lake Terell on the Aldergrove rd. Used to ride my horse from there to Bellingham or out to Birch Bay all the time. First fish I ever caught was in the creek coming out of Lake Terell. It was a fun place to grow up.
    Denny