Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Dry Falls again anyone?

7K views 72 replies 28 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
schmokin'reel!!!!

YOYOYO! CALLIN ALL BANDITS! lets do another D.F. outing again this year with time to plan ahead. this was were i met most of the people i know from the board and i think would be a great party again for the alumni and great for the new faces. i can remember it now, Patrick and his crew killn'em with the 20 ft. leader chronomids, Sak with the drift boat. Mattzoid with the spey, and where was the Oldman? great times and definitely a needed gathering. lets talk about it:thumb bhudda

#4 ·
I'm already planning on being there on the 23/24 of April. If anyone wants to be there during that timeframe, I'll be happy to show you what I know. I'm by no means an expert, but I was lucky enough to have an old-timer show me the ropes a few years ago and have managed to do reasonably well on chironomids each of the last few springs.

#5 ·
well i think that the weekend of the 23rd - 25th of april is just fine, maybe do a little competition fly tourney at R.F. on the way out sun. if your heading west that way. might be eventful. ill come up with a prize, maybe something really worthy like a reel or something :smokin break up into teams with time limits at each spot and a ref., hey BobL you interested in the position. we could camp at the north end of the campgrounds with those devilishly mean racoons}( . WHADDUP T.R. ?

#6 ·
Oh man...Am I in or what!!!

Gotchasr IS the zen master of the 20 feet leader chironomid bobber combination....you got it all wrong cause I cant pick twenty feet of line with split shots up out of the water..its like watching a circus act when im attempting this challenge..just more enjoyable LOL

definately there...U-haul and all.

~Patrick ><>

#7 ·
I was busy drinking all of the beer that I could lay my hands on. Also my float tube didn't hold my butt out of the water so I went home. But I'll be better prepared this time. I'll just sleep on the lake instead of drinking beer this time in a pontoon boat.

I thought that last year it was on the 1st of May. But what do I know I'm just an old man. Hell I might even be senile.

Jim

#11 ·
Count me in too! Maybe you guys can teach me a thing or two about lake fishing, and anyways I have a ton of chronimids that I haven't tried from the swap last year!

Bill

#17 ·
Roper, The Highland thing sounds particularly good in mid to late May. My Ferry County-Okonogan County tour is taking place then and perhaps I can hook up with you guys. This years extended trip so far has penciled in Aenas, Beaver, Little Beaver, Beth, northern Blue, Chopaka, Ell, Long, Lost, Molson, Sidley and Wannacut. If I have missed something that I really should fish let know and I'll work it into the schedule.
I'm anxious to hear what date you guys will settle on for Dry Falls-I'll go over the week before and conduct a fish aerobics class so they are all in shape by the time you guys show up!:) Ive

#20 ·
whats the camping situation up there? I thought that you cant camp by the lake and the nearset place is Sun Lakes State Park where you have to pay:bawling Am I wrong? that is the only reason I havent gone there before

#22 ·
two and a half minutes, you know what I can do in that time? Well my girlfriend sure does....}(

Just kidding, count me in. I have driven by that lake too many times and not fished it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.