Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Dry Falls again anyone?

7K views 72 replies 28 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
schmokin'reel!!!!

YOYOYO! CALLIN ALL BANDITS! lets do another D.F. outing again this year with time to plan ahead. this was were i met most of the people i know from the board and i think would be a great party again for the alumni and great for the new faces. i can remember it now, Patrick and his crew killn'em with the 20 ft. leader chronomids, Sak with the drift boat. Mattzoid with the spey, and where was the Oldman? great times and definitely a needed gathering. lets talk about it:thumb bhudda

#52 ·
Old Man and the Lawless one are welcome in my drift boat and I will even work the oars, now how is that for helping out your elders, keeps them old twigs of yours from being cold and better yet, you don't have to do squat but sit there. Hell, I will even bring the Bellevue rain shelter for the boat in case it gets a bit wet, sorry, no propane heater for the Xship! The only catch is that I do NOT want to see an empty beer or glass in the two's of you's hands!

SAK
Xstream

#54 ·
If we do this during the first two weeks or march, Im in. After that I have a date with the high north...Bristol bay, here I come!!!
This will be a nice break after catching big Montana browns with pwoens a few weeks prior...
I'll bring the flies!!Pat can bring the materials.

crump:thumb

#58 ·
schmokin'reel!!!!

JUST A HEADS UP- i think the dates should be changed to 9th to 11th of april because of a "lakes opening happening that weekend (23-25th) so better accomadations and space would be available 9-11th i hope this works with everybody.

#59 ·
Would you please make up your mind. Being that I'm retired I have to make plans on where the hell I 'm going to with all of my free time. It's pure hell trying to plan fishing trips. So much free time and so little left. Those dates might even work out better for me:thumb

Jim

#61 ·
schmokin'reel!!

Sounds good Gotchasr, i hope you can make it. the dates just suit what we would want from a trip out there than fighting the opening crowds of near by lakes on the later dates. set this one in stone:professor 9-11th april bhudda

#67 ·
"I panhandle for flies" - Joe Trowtbum.

Hey , no need for reservations, first come first serve, and the dates should be nailed down so people can make some solid plans. easter being a family gig, i think we should be alright out there. but lets talk! bhudda

#68 ·
I wish and hope that somebody makes up their minds as to when this gig is going to be held. First it was later in the month and a few couldn't make it so the days were changed again to the first of the month and now somebody else can't make these days. How about we set the days in stone and if you can make it so be it and if you can't so be it. You can't accomidate(sp) everybody no matter how hard you try. I vote for the days you have picked now and as for being Easter there won't be that many people out because of it being just that. I hope you understand what I just wrote because I don't.

Jim

#73 ·
Well I'm glad that somebody brought this back to the top. I was just thinking about this today and see that the days are creeping up on us. So here's a small reminder. Be sure to have your new license as they change over on the first of April. Wouldn't want anybody to be caught with their pants down.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.