Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Dry Falls and coffee pot

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Jacob Peterson 
#1 ·
dads driving me out to go fly fsihing with my uncle and grandpa memorial day weekend. Has any one fished any of the lakes lately???

#5 ·
Right now, Dry Falls is a wooly bugger and chironomid show. If we continue to have warm (but not too warm) weather, you should see good emergences of the mayfly Callibaetis and damselflies. Wooly buggers and chironomids should still be part of the arsenal.

Steve

#6 ·
I fished C-pot a few weeks ago.Water temp was 38.5 and it was turning.Fished from about 8-1pm,and we boated 7 fish all just under 18"(the killable size).My cousin and buddy stayed all day and got 8.Alot slower than usual, but it should get better w/warmer water and not turning over.We all fished leaches deep.The cronomidders werent doing well.Hope this helps.

#17 ·
OFF -

Fished several color leeches on a full sink near the bottom, deep chironomid fished with said sinking line, long-leader chironomid fished in 8-12 feet of water, stripped a damsel nymph on an intermediate all without luck. My fish finder only marked a few fish (side scan and down view) during that entire time. Guess I didn't find where they were hiding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.