Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Dry Falls and Lenore report

2K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Rick Todd 
#1 ·
Hooked the largest fish of my life at DF last nite as we camped out for the season opener. A huge brown that taped out at just over 32" an still had a small planter rainbow in it's gullet. I probably hooked close to 40 fish over 20" and lost a couple of big head shaking levianths. The bite is on at Lenore too, just got on the lake and fishing the north end and there is nobody in site. My 5th Lahontan over 24" and one had a duckling in it's clutches. Good thing I Hooked that fish as the duckling was reunited with it's brothers and sisters an momma soon after. The little troop seemed to waive to me and let out some quacks that resembled 'thank you'.

After we finished up with over 100 fish between the two of us April prepared a lunch of grilled elk and buffalo that was just fabulous with a bottle of Clo du bois Pinot. I was a little sore from all the fishing, good thing for portable massage tables! Had the best hour rub down that I can remember and back at fishing we went.

We watched the sunset over the Columbia gorge and thoroughly enjoyed fishing opening day April 1st, 2011

Hope you all have a good one out there as well!

#17 ·
We were actually camped at Sun Lakes and did fish the opener. What a great day, probably 30+ fish and some nice browns and bows. Biggest was 20" and lots in the 17+" range. With Scott Salzer, Troutmaster and our friend Jose. We had fabulous food washed down with some Cab Franc and Silver Lake Merlot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.