Dry Falls chironomids

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by toadthedry, Mar 28, 2005.

1. toadthedry Member

bainbridge island, wa, usa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I am planning to fish Dry falls with my 3 kids the first week of April. Normally I would try to figure it out for myself, but with the kids, I won't have as much time to do so - So I ask, any particullar color/size/type of chironomid pattern that seems to work the first week of April there?

Thanks
    Mike Metzman
  2. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,033 / 1
    Read Sagemans reply to the inquiry about Lenice techniques with Chironimids. http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php?t=23913

Now as for Dry Falls. I've done well with size 16-18 in the early season in blacks with silver ribbing, olive greens with gold ribbing, blacks with red ribbing and browns with gold ribbing, all of which with black tungsten bead heads, but to be honest with you, I think technique and location are so much more important. See above

When will you be there? I'll be there with my wife from April 2nd-6th. We'll be fishing Lenore and Dry Falls. If you see a Green Spring Creek Pram with a man a woman and a black dog in it, that will be us. Say high, and I'll help you out.

Ira..
  3. Tony Tony

Lynnwood Wa
    Ratings: +49 / 0
    hey mike,
    I did a search and got some info but I'm on phonelines and for some reason the web isn't working real well, try it,the search I mean.