DRY FALLS IV - FINAL - April 21, 22, & 23

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Ok Everyone,

After mention from Ira, The Sunlakes general opener happens the Last weekend of April so due to the possibility of over crowding in the camping area... We're going to make this thing happen on the weekend before. April 21, 22, & 23. Only four votes down. Sorry for those that could only make it that last weekend.

This is actually about the same time it's happened for the last three years, and the weather/fishing has always been great. (Knock on wood).

Please post if you have room to carpool with others. Those catching rides make sure you have some gas money to throw in.

Also pipe up if you need any gear. Float tube, Rods, Reels or whatever.

We've got some awesome cooks in our group... I know Bart and the boys throw down a mean fish fry, and a few people are bringing Turkeys for Jerry to fry up. These events usually turn into a whats mine, is your's deal. So if you're broke and don't think you can come... believe me you'll be fed. Maybe even by beerbong if so inclined.

Also if you have a pick-up... throw anything that will burn into the back. Our fire is usually going the entire time. So we need plenty to light up.

[IMG]
  2. Tightline Brian Perry

Seattle, Wa, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    SWEET! I AM THERE! I am back from Maui the weekend prior, so I should be refreshed, ready to catch fish and sunburn proof!

I'll bring a bunch of lumber and some food for the group to grind on.

~B
    :thumb:
  3. mr trout Trevor Hutton

Yakima, WA, USA.
    Once I get my class schedules I will know for sure, but I am looking forward to going if it is at all possible. I can offer little but my presence and some cash/food...and gas money for whoever can give me a lift from UW... I don't have tube here either, but I would be content doing some hiking/bank fishing/sittin' around camp too...dang Im a bum...
  4. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    Yes.

I am bringing mucho comida and a bunch of wood. This is gonna be sick. Thanks yard.
  5. Jake Smulkowski Throwing hoppers into baetis falls

Coeur d'Alene, ID
    I'm in if anyone needs a ride from this neck of the woods.
  6. atomic dog Jive Turkey

Pasco
    Ratings: +317 / 0
    I'll have to start scavenging left-behind firewood from campsites to bring with.

And if someobody is thinking fish fry, maybe I'll see if I can get out and load up on some early season bluegill and crappie to bring along.

I'd offer a ride up, but I doubt there's much of a contigent headed over from Potholes aside from myself. :rofl:
  7. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +372 / 0
    That sounds sweet. I'll have to check with work to make sure. I could use a ride too, from Seattle. And I don't have a float tube, or any floating device, so that would be sweet if someone has an extra, or one I can share with someone else even.
    I look forward to meeting folks, drinking beer, and ... I don't want to jinx anything.

Jason
  8. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +372 / 0
    Also, if anyone with experience over there could post a few of the more popular or go-to patterns for the lake, that would be great. I want to do a little tying coming here, make sure the boxes are stocked aplenty.
    Thanks,
    Jason
  9. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Hope ya'll have a blast, and great time is had by all, I will be fishin in NoCal that week or weeks
  10. nick42 basket weaver

NCW
    this is gonna be great! thanks to Backyard for organizing this thing. i will be coming from wenatchee if anyone needs a ride PM me or something. i will bring a few extra rods, and some food, but i only have one tube.

:beer2:
  11. Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Bremerton, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Barring the unforseen, I'll be there. I should be able to provide an extra floating device and rod/reel for somebody. I'm pretty handy in the kitchen, so can help out with the cooking. Have wok, will travel.:thumb:
  12. earlsmith Member

Seattle
    I would like to attend as well, I will have room for two and gear, we can work out the details, I will be in Mexico April 6 - 12 so we can hammer out that stuff as soon as I get back, I am seeing some guys who want to ride, we can ge together after I get back from PV. A set of easy driving directions??? Map, it's basically on your way to banks lake?? Never been, but been in the area. I like to have directions in hand the day I leave, LOL anybody have an approximate drive time from Seattle?? Anyway, I will start planning it and get committed to those who I can take soon
    Respectfully

Earl Smith
  13. Curtis New Member

Bothell
    Trevor check your PM's.
  14. Flyn'dutchman Member

Wenatchee, WA
    Nice picture of the lake Chris. Will anybody be there on the 20th? I have to work on the weekend but will probably make it again like I did last year for Thursday and Friday. You up for a little night fishing Thursday night?
  15. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    Sweet glad we got the date set...I might be over there Thursday night but for sure by late afternoon on Friday..The closer we get to the event I will know for sure if I will show up again on Thursday night
  16. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +1,173 / 0
    I've requested Friday off so if all goes well, I should be able to head over Thurday after work and be there in time to fish. :)

Zen, if you could make it up there early enough, we could go scout carp flats on Friday!
  17. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +202 / 0
    I am sure going to try and make it. Would like to leave on the 20th. I need to check with a few people about whether they will be coming with me, if not, I'll have extra room. I can certainly bring along a U-tube for someone to use. I also have extra camping equipment if needed.

I live in the south end, Burien area, so if there is someone down this way that would like to go, let me know and I'll put yuou on the list.

MB
  18. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    Whoever shows up first oughta look for a group of spots close to the bathrooms. Stake a claim 'till more of us show up.

I'll bring Flo' and her ugly sister the Pimp Ship, a few extra other things, and a good supply of ear plugs for us old farts.
  19. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

I'm 95% sure I'll be able to make it. A couple of friends from work might be able to come along as well, so I might need to borrow a floating device for them if available.

Sounds like it's going to be a blast over there! Just leave the dead racoon at home!

Now I have to tie for this and Montana... sweet!! :cool:
  20. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    Ya i need to get going on finding some flats. I will probably be up there the weekend before checking out some warmwater lakes like banks but not sure.

friday sounds good, I will probably not fish DF much in the day so I am down for other things, besides sleeping.

Peace,
    Andy