DRY FALLS IV - FINAL - April 21, 22, & 23

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, Mar 14, 2006.

1. troutpocket

troutpocket Active Member

I'll be working in the area so should be able to get there for at least one day. Looking forward to it!

I'll be up for a carp side trip for sure.

Rod

2. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Susie & I will make it, likely for the duration. We'll be adding to the food menu as well although it's not yet decided what that will be.

3. Steelie Mike

Steelie Mike Active Member

I wish I could make it guys, but I got a little one on the way. Maybe next year.

4. Matt Smith

Matt Smith On the river Noyb

I will be there!!! Finally!!! It will be great to meet and fish and DRINK with you guys. :beer1:

5. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Are Kristin and ROOOONNNN!!!! coming?

It would not be the same with out them. Very entertianing bunch last year, and Jake was hammering yard with rubber bands which was also pretty dang sweet.

Peace,
    Andy

6. catdaddy027

catdaddy027 Banned or Parked

I am so very looking forward to this get together. I have a weird schedule and have been unable to attend events in the past...Stream fishing has been my forte' as of recently and I'm eager to get into stillwater fishing...I'll bring my canoe and my limited expertise to the event...I am a professional drunk and an amature fisherman.... I'll bring plenty of wood and booze for the evening events but am going to to need serious instruction for the actual fishing on this lake...Looking forward to the event...
    Chris

7. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Ok, Tiff and I will be there. Maybe with the kids as well. Will see if I can get that Friday off (maybe, harder then hades to get a friday off at UPS). Ok, just thought I'd ask again. Will I be able to launch a driftboat there? Not really worried about the roads, I have been down really bad logging roads towing a boat, so not a biggie.

Ok, onto the food. I'll be bringing the deep fryers, and hopefully my cook station (if it ever shows, it's on backorder damned it). I'll be bringing the stuff to deep fry turkeys, onion rings, fries, etc. Bring whatever else you want to bring to fry up (will have enough stuff to make alot of beer battered anything). Bring extra turkeys if you want, I'll be bringing one with me. One thing though. Turkeys MUST BE THAWED COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No frozen. Trust me, you don't want to see the explosion from a frozen (or even partially frozen) turkey hitting the grease. If anyone wants to bring extra peanut oil, that would be great (best to buy like at Sam's club in the 5 gallon size). Can be bought at GI Joes too.

If I get my cook station soon (just a large cooker with a huge flattop grill for lots of pancakes, eggs, and bacon at the same time), I'll bring enough stuff to make a huge breakfast for those wanting it.

I read the original post before it was closed down (why I added the thawed turkeys), and I'm not out trolling for flies. LOL. I won't do alot of fishing, since I haven't trout fished in 20 years. Just need a couple to get by. LOL. They need to be WHOLE turkeys (some people in the past have brought half turkeys, don't fry up well at all). I'll be running two deep fryers, so I can do two turkeys at a time. Can do a turkey in about 45 minutes, so can crank out almost 6 turkeys in 2 1/2 hours.

Any other questions for me? You can deep fry about anything (and I think I have lol).

8. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

Could you possibly fry up a suckling pig stuffed with monteray jack cheese?

9. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Hmmmm, never tried that, but what the hell, I could try it.

10. atomic dog

atomic dog Jive Turkey

What about Zen, would he fit in a fryer?

11. XstreamAngler

XstreamAngler ...has several mistresses.

I will give my standard answer Yard, It sounds like a good time right now, I am in! However, should something better come along, duh! I am taking the better deal! About time a drift boat gets dumped into Dry Falls again, but again, IF something better comes along, I am of course taking it! Hey, I am just a typical American!

Word!

SAK
    Xstream
    www.XstreamAnglers.Com

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I think I will pass it up this year. I don't feel like fishing and I sure as hell not in the mood to camp out. I must be getting old as all my get up and go has got up and left.

Jim

13. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Jim- This is unacceptable!!!! What will we do without our Commander in Chief...What will change your mind? Let's talk through this....forget it you just need to oldman up and get there...IS it the drive? If so, someone can drive you..talk to me:confused:

14. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Dude you need to be there... I'm mean we can hit up some other water.....

15. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

I will be bringing some sausage... both dinner and breakfast links though I'm never @ camp too long so you all will need to help yourself...Zen I do recall last year when I ran out so I bring a little xtra for you bud...

Maybe an Atomic Hot link eat off which will qualify you for the Sunday Carp off..hahaha

16. atomic dog

atomic dog Jive Turkey

Hey, you leave my hot links alone! :eek: :rofl:

17. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

I know that you guys haven't had much of a problem imbibing a combination of malt, yeast & hops in the past, but thought I'd bring over a little brew, micro brew that is.

Any suggestions? I'm kind of partial to Mac & Jacks.

MB

18. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

I'm partial to Mac and Jack's as well:beer1:

19. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

I'll take care of coffee and some spirits to go along with it.

20. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Don't need or want a lift. I did that last year and wasn't happy. I prefer to do it alone. I'm much more happier that way. Besides I like talking to myself for about 5 hours.:(

Sorry,just not in the mood:(

Jim