DRY FALLS IV - FINAL - April 21, 22, & 23

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +165 / 0
    I got a U-tube that I can bring along. No extra waders / fins though. Should I bring it for one of you guys, or gals?
  2. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    Ratings: +30 / 0
    I was thinking about an event specific fly swap. Flies specifically for the Dry Falls waters for that weekend. Basically whatever you think you really need in your arsenal. I'm looking for a co-organizer to guide me through this and make sure I don't drop the ball as I'm new to fly swaps, or really any good suggestions. I would want the flies a week before the event to pass out on location that Friday night. I thumbed through the fly-swap pages and I don't think there's been a swap quite like this, but I think it would be a great thing if we pulled it off. So maybe somewhere between 12 and 15 tiers? I'm looking for interest and if there is enough then I'll post in the flyswap forum the specific details of the event.
    Just looking for interest here. So, PM me or post if your interested and I'll get a thread started in the fly-swap subforum as details develop.
  3. Charlie Erdman In search of steel

K. Falls, OR
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I need a float tube..any one got an extra watermaster?
  4. James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Tacoma
    Ratings: +85 / 0
    Yes! The man behind the mighty DOMO will be coming :) Good to know that you'll be there hedburner! :)
  5. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    20 days to go...

Anyone head over there this weekend for the opener?
  6. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +163 / 5
    One of the guys in the club here on Whidbey was over that way a couple weeks back. Said the water in Dry Falls was lower than he'd ever seen. Any reports from this weekend?:hmmm:
  7. Yakman Should be fishing right now

Renton/Newcastle, Wa, USA.
    I haven't fished DF in ages, what is the road like these days? My 89 probe aint exactly a monster when it comes to ground clearance.
  8. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    14 days until the first group of members arrive at Dry Falls IV.....
  9. toddsbernina New Member

Kennewick, WA
    any one going to be up there thursday night? i have to work saturday but i am planning on driving up late thursday night and home late friday night. that is if i'm not going to be the only one there.
  10. jbrodie New Member

Marysville, WA.
    IrishMac10 and I will be there on Wednesday. Look for a trailer with a blue F-250 by it. Come by and have a beer, Jim.
  11. toddsbernina New Member

Kennewick, WA
  12. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Hey I will be there thursday night too. I will be the one with the White Subaru. (like that will set me apart)
  13. Big Tuna Member

Wenatchee, Washington
    Ratings: +36 / 0
    I would humbly disagree. I fished it twice this week and thought the lake was in great shape.

As for the fella with the Probe, there are passenger cars that go in there and most of the road is fine if you drive slow. However, there are a few spots where you might find yourself wishing you were carrying a spare oil pan.
  14. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +564 / 5
    Ok, I have a very important question (at least for me :D ). How many people are bringing turkeys for me to fry for this? Had a couple drop out bringing. So want to know, so I can decide whether to bring 1 or 2 deep fryers. I have my setup ready to go. Just need to find out if it warrants bringing the second fryer or not. So if you plan to bring a turkey, let me know ASAP!
  15. Rick Phelps Member

Snohomish, WA.
    I can bring one if you would like, let me know.

Rick
  16. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    Maybe we should just make a giant vat of batter and bring all sorts of things to dip in it and deep fry... just let out imaginations run wild.
    We could start with various cheeses, meats, work our way through fruits real briefly, then deep fry every candy bar and prepackaged backed good on the market.
  17. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    MMM....fried burgers and corndogs, sticks and all. I could swing by TB and get some grilled stuffed burritos to batter and fry to.

I dont think i will bring a turkey if a ton of other people are, if not alot of people can though i may be able to bring one.
  18. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    I can beer batter just about anything (and have). So not a problem.

If Rick (whynothunt) brings a turkey, I know I'll bring one, and think Sue (Freestone) is as well. So who else is bringing?
  19. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    Jerry do you need another one? I can , but wasn't planning on it.
  20. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Well, not sure on how many are coming. I just know how fast these things get eaten. So depends on who all is coming, who all is planning to eat, and what else people are bringing. If you can, go for it. If it's an inconvenience, don't worry about it. I know I'll have one, think Sue and hopefully Rick will bring one. That'll be three. Should be fine, depending on how many show.