DRY FALLS IV - FINAL - April 21, 22, & 23

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Rick Phelps Member

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0

I will bring one for sure, what size is the best to deep fry? I have one in the freezer and I could pick another one up if need be. Deep fried turkey, PENDLETON and fishing what more could a person ask for.

I am looking forward to this, it should be a blast!

Rick
  2. HappyHooker Fly Fishing Enthusiast

Snohomish, WA.
    Man, wish I could join ya guys...This sounds like a fun trip!

-Duke
  3. Rick Phelps Member

Snohomish, WA.
    Happyhooker,

The only thing stopping you is a decision to go!!!
  4. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    7 days to go............
  5. Bart New Member

Kirkland, Washington.
    Jerry,

I'll bring my fryer and oil. Oh, and catfish. That way we have a back-up for you turkeys (your turkeys?) and catfish and hushpuppies for appitisers. Who's bringing the Brie and crackers?

Just a thought. We tried a group dinner the first year and the only ones cooking was OMJ, Ron and me. But trying to get this group at the same place at the same time is like trying to round-up cats from a pontoon boat.

Another thought - at the same time, the only BR open was the northerly one. The one by the entrance was closed. The advance party should check this and pick a spot accordingly and post a WFF sign.

Bart
  6. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +659 / 5
    I have two deep fryers, so not sure if we'll need another Bart, but go ahead and bring if you want.

I can cook a pretty big turkey. So don't worry about which size to bring. Think I can go up to a 30#. Know I have cooked some pretty damned big ones.
  7. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    Ah,the catfish fry. I remember that one. I was trying to act like a drunk. I think I did a pretty good act for it. There is a picture of that somewhere in the Gallery.

Jim
  8. HappyHooker Fly Fishing Enthusiast

Snohomish, WA.
    Whynothunt, I wish it were that simple...I gotta work to bring home some bacon...If not I may be sleeping on the curb. Either that or that tent that I could be camping in could wind up being my new home....Not too sure I'm ready to go that route :)
  9. Rick Phelps Member

Snohomish, WA.
    Why cant life just be simple, fish, eat and drink! If thinks change you know where we will be!

Rick
  10. Flyn'dutchman Member

Wenatchee, WA
    Jared and Chris,
    Won't be able to make it Thurs night or at all this year. Schedule lady messed with mine.bawling:
  11. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller

Damn man...Maybe we will hook up later this spring
  12. Guy Gregory Active Member

Spokane, WA.
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    OK, can a drysider who don't even know you guys show up, bring a few gallons of homebrew (are there any licensed beer disposal units arriving?) and fish with y'all for a couple of days? I need a break...
  13. atomic dog Jive Turkey

Pasco
    Ratings: +317 / 0
    Guyg,

Myself and I think at least a few others in here don't know any of these axe murderers either. My plan is to show up with beer in hand and to hope for the best. ptyd

A few gallons of homebrew might get you through the first night... :beer1:
  14. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    Guyg- Everyone is welcomed to our outings....

The outings are a great experience where you can fish and meet a lot of great people that share the same passion........I tend to fish more than socialize but this outing is usually one of the top highlight for the year.

Homebrew is the best:beer1:
  15. hikepat Patrick

Des Moines, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Hm meet stangers on the internet and go fishing with them. My first of these events it seemed like a strange thing to me as well and the first years they were a little wild but not really that bad and the conversation were very informitive as well. Heck my first Dry Falls trip I learned the start of how to tie flies from Back Yard and a few others. Not sure whether to thank them or curse them for that expensive hobbie now. The first two years of these events it was all men being men but starting last year not only did women start to show up but a few kids as well and the event has stayed one heck of a good time still.
    The Dry Falls trip are now a classic that Amie and I hope to be now coming to again, since she has now mostly recovered from the car wreck and we hope to have the truck back in time to go. She liked last year so well which for her was her first, that she keeps telling me we are going hell or high water. She is still a little mad that I went to the Yak trip with out her. I keep telling her if we do not have the truck back, we will not only have no way to bring the kayaks but no place to sleep. As long as the truck is repaired in time we should now be there. I just hope I can find my camping gear since most has been packed out of the way while the condo is getting work done to it by contractors. I should know one way or another by Tuesday of next week if we can make it.
  16. HappyHooker Fly Fishing Enthusiast

Snohomish, WA.
    Yeah, I hear that...Sure would be nice eh? I guess that's what retired folks do eh?

-Duke
  17. toddsbernina New Member

Kennewick, WA
  18. Jay Thacker Here fishy, fishy, fishy

Goldendale, WA, USA.
    I get to go now. So if any one is willing to split gas with me (or ride for flys) from my area I am willing to drive just pm me. This will be my first Dry Falls trip. So I am just slightly excited. I will try to bring some wood.
  19. Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Sounds like fun. God damn asshole parents won't let me go. Don't they realize that there are more important things in life that school and work, like fishing?
  20. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0

Don't knock the parents. They just don't know how important fly fishing is. There will always be another get together. Besides you are under age and you don't need to get caught up in all of the drinking that goes on at these things. Your folks are just trying to keep you in one piece.

Jim