DRY FALLS IV - FINAL - April 21, 22, & 23

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Yeah, I know that thery're looking out for me, they were just being really unreasonable about how they said no. I wouldn't care if they just said no, but they decided to be dicks about it.
  2. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,709 / 0
    I'm 71 and have never in my life considered my parents to be dicks about anything. They might of been stern but not to where I would of called them dicks or any other name for any reason.

Jim
  3. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +373 / 0
    Yeah, that seems harsh on mom and dad. I remember those days, but sometimes you gotta just go with it. Parents are always right...unless they're wrong.
  4. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    Ya its a bitch, any chance they will change their mind if somone your own age can vouche that their are usually more normal people than internet preditors at dry falls?
  5. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +790 / 1
    Gotta step in and say something here, how'd you like to go live on the street? Your parents raise, house, feed, clothe, and put up with you. I wonder if they are calling you a goddamn asshole son...?

Think about it...:ray1:
  6. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    Ratings: +30 / 0
    Well, he's a teenager,male, with raging hormones, and he fly-fishes........If they're anything like my parents, they probably are. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  7. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +182 / 6
    Roper's got the right idea. Don't get too worked up about your parents. I thought mine were a real pain in the butt and dumb to boot. Then around my second year of college they started getting smarter. When I was about 25 my old man turned out to be a genius. I even catch myself quoting some of the things he used to say all the time, that use to drive me nuts. You're young, you have plenty of time ahead of you to fish. Now us old guys, we need to get it as much as we can.:D
  8. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I'm gonna have to agree with everyon else on this one Hog, Lighten up. Yes it sucks that you don't get to go, but you gotta listen to the 'rents. There is a time and place for everything and that is College. So do you homework, tie your flies and go to Central, then you can fish your little heart out and enjoy the scenery too. Besides I would have molested you if you would have shown your young self up there. Jail will change a man! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have waited a couple of years to go to this myself, every time something came up, kids were sick, had to work, stuff like that. So chill out, go to Pass Lake and we will see you next time. There is always gonna be a next time.
  9. Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Seattle, WA
    I agree with you guys about parents deserving respect and all that, they do keep a nice roof over my head, but I don't think that yelling at me for asking them if I can go on a trip is very reasonable. And, Passman, you have made me reconsider anyways with your incredibly creepy threat, or promise... whichever that was.
  10. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Yeah AH, You might wanna wait a few years. At least until you can fight off the advances of all these full grown men. I wouldn't want to see you being passed around the campfire like prison lap candy.

:rofl:

:thumb:
  11. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +790 / 1
    Chris, you are baaaddd! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

See you Friday afternoon/evening :thumb:
  12. Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

Happy Hour, WA
    Ratings: +377 / 1
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: it's great to have The Yard back in action!
  13. Flyn'dutchman Member

Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Gave the lake a preview today seeing as how I won't be able to make it this weekend. Black chironomids. Hot fish. Hang onto your hat when they hit. You might have a sky rocket on your hands. Have fun. Watch out for the lightning if those squalls blow in and just because it is sunny in the morning doesn't mean it isn't going to rain!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  14. Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Seattle, WA
    Roper, I see what you're saying, but I'm 17 now, my parents call me "an adult guest" in their house, I do a shit load of yard work, pay rent, and the day I called my dad a god damn asshole, he called me a fucking idiot, to my face. I respect my parents, and almost always am respectful to them, but I was a little pissed off that day.
  15. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Right on man...is anyone else pumped from this info? I remeber last year it was pretty slow in the day, the only fish i caught was on a leadcore shooting head and yellow/black 8inch leech.

I should prob tye some chironomids to go w/my streamers.
  16. Mark Ritari Trouthunter

is anyone heading up from the tricities or southeastern WA on saturday? i just found out i got sat and sun off from work, so sounds like something id like to do.
  17. atomic dog Jive Turkey

Pasco
    Ratings: +319 / 0
    I guess I should wade back through this to see if the info is in this thread, but where exactly are we camping? I'm guessing Sun Lakes St Park? I've driven past, but never been down there.

I'll be there sometime friday morning or so, depending on how late I sleep in. How will I know who's from our group and where to set up camp?

I'm so jazzed about this trip. Maybe one of you fine folks can teach me how to catch these damn trout. :ray1:
  18. XstreamAngler ...has several mistresses.

Seattle, wa, King.
    Roper! Yard! You FOUL mouthed sons of the Devil! My God, this poor kid is fighting to be a man, he is 17, a few hairs growing out here and there, zits that just pop up over night and hard ons in the middle of class, For Christ Sake we all should remember those awkward times and think, looking like this, do I really want to be around a bunch of men from the Net? Hell Yes! Screw the parents, sneak out, stuff your bed, come up with some B.S and stop being so damn honest with your parents! Life is NOT meant to be passed up, go for it, develop who you will be now!

Jamming to "Parents Just don't understand" by Fresh Prince...

SAK
    www.XstreamAnglers.Com
    www.HydeOutdoors.Com
  19. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,709 / 0
    You can't call this group of drunks grown men. They are all like little kids when they all get out on that lake and try to outwit those fish.

Jim
  20. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Sak, once again I love your style. Seriously though, these things are totally safe, what is the reason your parents wount let you go. Maybe they could just let u show for like one day instead of the whole deal.

Peace,
    Andy