DRY FALLS IV - FINAL - April 21, 22, & 23

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, Mar 14, 2006.

1. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Media:
    Atomic-We will be camping in the Sun Lakes St Park. Each year I think we have been in a different spot but last year I think was the prime spot in the court or 1st dead end area. Some people are a little spread out and if you want any sleep at all you may want be on the outskirt from the main fire pit...I should be showing up @ 10:30 Thursday night so I hope to corral the wagons

2. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Media:
    So I gotta chime in too AH... If I were a parent and I had no idea who a bunch of these clowns were, I wouldn't let my kid go. It may behoove you to have your folks at some point meet some of your fishing buddies. They still will rule the roost, but there are things you can do to play the game. Once they understand that only a few of us are members of NAMBLA, they'll probably be cooler about you heading out.

The other options (which I don't advocate) is to flat out lie about where you're going. Tell them you're looking at going to Eastern or Central WA for a campus tour..... But then again, you didn't hear that from me... (and seriously the first option is the best option!).

-- Cheers
    -- James

3. ibn

ibn Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I'll be there around 7pm thursday night.

4. Islander

Islander Steve

I should be rolling in around mid day on Friday. I was thinking about staying until Mon. or Tues. if the weather is good and I still have beer. I got rid of my old truck and camper so I will be "roughing it" in a tent this year. Anyone else thinking of staying on after Sunday?

5. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Although last years spot was good, it should be noted we were a little too close to the resident manager and other campers. If the spots towards the back of the park are open, look good and have a good fire pit central, sit on them.

See you Fri around noon.

6. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Media:
    Good point..The sites in the back are not the most purdy spots in the park but there are usually less people back there..We were loud a few nights last year......I do recall a few mad and upset campers.... :confused:

7. atomic dog

atomic dog Jive Turkey

Media:
    Well, if you see a guy driving around in a white F-150 looking bewildered, it's probably me. :rofl:

8. Curtis King

Curtis King Fish Magnet

Media:
    Hey Atomic, if you plow into a sage MDX that is also lost, it will be me. I expect to bet there Friday morning.

9. toddsbernina

toddsbernina New Member

Media:
    Yeah i'm with atomic dog and speyflies2 on not knowing exactly where to go. So if you see a green taurus with an orange canoe(hopefuly) on top driving around aimlessly(sp?) throw rocks or something at my car till i stop.

10. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Media:
    When in doubt hit the water and look later..I'd rather be catching than driving around but I'm sure there will be someone @ if not you know they will be on the lake....

11. Banzai

Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Wear yer WFF hats. I'll likely be rolling out of Bremtown after noonhour or so. gotta see the Doc in the AM.

12. jbrodie

jbrodie New Member

Islander, John and I are leaving here Wednesday and coming home on the following Monday. You know my trailer, stop by for a beer. Glad you posted, I would have been looking for your truck and camper. :beer2: PS, I will have 2 extra float tubes and fins if anyone needs to use them. One reserved for Toddsbernia. 4/19.

13. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Sorry guys. Bad news. Had an emergency come up, and now I can't go this weekend. So no cookers/deepfryers coming on my end. Wish I could come, but can't get around this mishap. :( Maybe next year (or next event).

14. Rick Phelps

Rick Phelps Member

Should I still bring a turkey, is anyone else deep frying them? Let me know!

Rick

15. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Media:
    Home Page:
    Wow that sucks, no mo good comida, guess i will haveta bust out my mad quesadilla skillz.

They are that good.

1 day 21 hours and 58 min til i show.

Might be fishing lenore cause my buddy will not have a watercraft til later that night. Look for a red 97 subarau outback with a rod rack, patagonia and simms stickers, plus a phish sticker on the side. At the camp ground I will have a yellow/orange marmot tent up somewhere in the back way away from the office.

Peace,
    Andy

16. Couleeflyfisher

Couleeflyfisher Member

Hi JB:
    I'll try & check you guys out Thur. or Fri. night, it's my birthday this week so got to do a little celebrating. Doesn't look like any fishing for a week or so though because I screwed up my knee last week chasing walleye on Banks. Sorry to hear the turkey fry seems to be falling apart, I was looking forward to that plus a few brews or J.D. I'll bring down a little Black Velvet in case you want to try something different from the regular. Damn, was really looking forward to those turkeys. We deep fried one wild turkey and a couple of domestic a couple years ago, they were pretty good, but with some good buddies from the WFF plus the other stuff promised for this weekend I was looking forward to a real EXPERIENCE !! See you this weekend. Jim <*)))><

17. hedburner

hedburner Member

Media:
    Mount Vernon, we're the Sketch in the heart of Ska
    I should be over around about noon or so on friday. Was going to bring some shine but I guess that's not ready yet. Should have gotten that some time earlier, oh well that'll save me a headache in the morning. Too bad about the turkey cook out, guess it'll be spam, dogs, and more spam probably some pop tarts too. I have a bunch of peeps left from Easter too for roasting. Got leaders and some chironomids tied up. Guess that should cover everything.

18. Kevin J. Burnham

Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Media:
    I 'm going to be there perhaps Sat. afternoon. May stay the night so I hope to meet some of you guys. I'll be in a tan chevy pickup with the Brown Trout sticker on the back.

19. Nick Riggs

Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Media:
    The thing is, I wasn't honest with them. I hadn't even told them that all of you guys would be there, I just said I wanted to go fishing in eastern Washington with one of my friends. I got yelled at. I re-asked though and am making headway, my dad said that he was having a bad day, and would consider it, I was honest with him that day. So depending on whatever happens, I should get to go. But I just won an award at a national art cometition and my parents are proud as hell, i'll use that as some leverage. wish me luck, and if I can go, please, nobody rape me.

20. Nick Riggs

Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Media:
    Oh yeah, and if I can go I will be bringing 2 canoes, if that would help.