DRY FALLS IV - FINAL - April 21, 22, & 23

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    I promise to keep my pants on, others?
  2. Mark Ritari Trouthunter

im 90% sureme and my neighbor are going. well be driving a red blazer with a gloomis decal. this is gonna be fun as hell, i gotta stock up on chromatids it seems... btw my pants are gonna stay on, but if todds gonna be there no guarantees ;) jklol. hey zen i know u have to have some carp flies so if you bring a few ill buy/trade for them. thanks.
  3. XstreamAngler ...has several mistresses.

Seattle, wa, King.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    When I turned 18, I learned the most valuable lesson in life to that date, it was as follows; "It is much more easy to ask for forgivness then to ask for permission" Come on Hog, don't be such a pussy, tell your parents that you are going to Ephrata for a Young Democratic Water Conservation Educational Outdoor Environmental World meeting or something like that. And I am sure EVERYONE here will keep the pants zipped up, except Jim!
    Look for a silver jeep, black Hyde Boat, smoke coming out of the cracked windows and if Im lucky, a toddler smeared to the grill of the jeep, damn jaywalkers anyway! They deserve a good Jeep Tattoo on the spleen! Don't throw rocks at me either, cuz I'm a Mo' Fu*k'n gangsta and shoot back! But, if you look at past gangsta shootings, you will know they are not good shots! Tupac, Biggie, Sugg, You name it, takes two clips to get 3 hits! So WATCH OUT!

SAK
    www.XstreamAnglers.Com
    www.HydeOutdoors.Com
  4. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +202 / 0
    Just a heads up for those new to the Sun Lakes Park. The raccoons can be a real problem. Keep all your food stashed inside a vehicle or coolers that latch well, and make sure you check your boats for any snacks - yep, they can open zippers. They will also take small coolers into the sage.

I'll be showin up at about 12:00 on Thursday.
  5. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +180 / 6
    Hey Jim, I'll be looking for you and John on Friday. I've got lots of whiskey to get rid of so if anyone wants some bring whatever you mix it with, or just a glass.:beer1: I can't remember if I drank more or fished more last year, but I do remember the night fishing and a couple of monster trout. :cool:
  6. toddsbernina New Member

Kennewick, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Mark i know you think im cute but the door doesn't swing that way for me. :rofl: :rofl: Tolar might be down tho. :rofl: Hopefuly some one there will have a few extra beers i can trade for flies or something because i'm spending my beer money for the next 2 months on a TFO. see you all up there. I'm driving a the worlds uglyest green taurus and probly will have some Black Sabbath blarring.

Todd
  7. Mark Ritari Trouthunter

if you can stay till saturday i will have what ur looking for and we shall trade.
  8. toddsbernina New Member

Kennewick, WA
    by the time you get there on saturday i will have been at work for a few hours :beathead:
  9. toddsbernina New Member

Kennewick, WA
    100 posts YEAH!! :) ptyd :D
  10. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    Ratings: +30 / 0
    I'm not making any such promises.

Got a new pontoon and found a giant coleman stove for $100. Think of a double turkey cooker. I'm gonna cook so hard.

Someone should make a movie about this outing. Edit it like a nature documentary.

It would be sweet.
  11. Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Seattle, WA
    well, seeing as how the promise of keeping your pants on is directly talking about raping me (read the rest of this thread if that sounds wierd), I think that is really creepy. Anyways, I can't go, so you guys are just going to have to find some other unassuming kid to rape. Sorry.
  12. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Dude Sloan is just kidding, this is just about catching huge fish with flies longer than stockers at weird times of the day. Tobad u cant make it.
  13. Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Seattle, WA
    Yeah, i'll definetely go next year, or next event. How often do trips like this happen?
  14. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    DF is a one time a year thing but people fish year round, there are always things going on.
  15. Rory McMahon Active Member

lynnwood
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I was hoping i would get to go but it is definately not gonna happen. I explained it to my parents and they said no at first. I kept asking and i guess really annoyed them because they threatened to sell all my fly equipment. I shut up after that, ill try and make the next one.
  16. Mark Ritari Trouthunter

just curious how deep this lake is... i might need a longer anchor rope for my pontoon.
  17. catdaddy027 Banned or Parked

Vancouver, WA
    "Most of the lake is less than 25 feet deep and extensive weedy shallows dominate except in the deep basin lying just off the ancient cliffs that form the north shore." According to Washington Blue-Ribbon Fly Fishing Guide.
  18. otter Banned or Parked

Port Angeles, Washington
    Get serious, work to do. Sounds like a blast but I'll be building boats. Been reading the thread "Lessons Learned" which started out as a pretty practical discussion of how to stay more or less dry and comfortable when on a flyfishing expedition then shifted into a serious discussion of the dread subject of - gasp - BEER.

So this opens up a major line of philosophical enquiry that dates back to at least the Bronze Age. And if you folks do your work it will define the flyfishing paradigm for the twentyfirst century.

Here's the topic:

Did the drinking of beer create the urge to fish, and the accompanying creation/purchase of gear, boats, lifestyle etc.?

OR

Did the urge to fish create the drinking of beer, and the accompanying creation/purchase of gear, boats, lifestyle etc. ??

I expect a paper worthy of the best American/European philosophical journals to come out of this gathering, to be published on WFF, so we can settle this question for once and for all!

Otter
  19. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,650 / 0
    Drinking BEER creates the need to just PEE a lot. Nothing else is created from that.

But this is just the opinion from an Old Man who is not going.bawling: bawling:

Jim:beathead:
  20. atomic dog Jive Turkey

Pasco
    Ratings: +316 / 0
    On the contrary, plenty of families have been created from drinking too much beer. :rofl: