Dry Falls Meeting Update?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Dan Soltau, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Media:
    Ahh Roper.. It won't be the same without you. Who's gonna night fish with me?

Anyways I'll be showing up mid-day on thursday. I'll try to secure a good main section for us to throw down a bonfire and what not.

I'll bring extra tubes and fins also.

2. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Media:
    Home Page:
    Chris,
    I will night fish with you, if u can stand me. I freak out when i catch fish.

Peace,
    Andy

3. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    We'll night fish again, in that nameless lake, and I'll see if I can catch another bat and your waders too... :rofl:

4. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Media:
    That was so sweet. The bat part, that is. Didn't you false cast him a few times? haha :rofl: Did I ever tell you the story about noodling a bat from a bridge with a caddis with a clipped hook. Rowdy and myself about pissed ourselves when he ran me around a power line.

Those little fly'n rats put up a pretty good fight.

5. Dipsnort

Dipsnort New Member

I've got it on my calendar and will hopefully be able to make it. I can provide any English to Canadian translation services required for the event. :clown:

I don't remember seeing anything about camping details. Is it necessary to reserve a spot at the state park or what? :confused:

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    How about a few outside of the box ptyd ptyd ptyd ptyd ptyd

Jim ptyd

7. Jay Allyn

Jay Allyn The Poor-Student Fly Fisher

Media:
    If I go I'll try some night fishing. Love strapping on the headlamp and tossing big white streamers for some big ole fish. Everytime I've ever night fished it's always paid off in big ways. ;)

Unkie Bob: Ok....I'll go read through the first thread.

Edit: Read the thread....a lot of good that did me.....and I just have one question. How is camping goning to work out? Multiple people in different sites? Is there a group camp at Sun Lakes we can reserve? Should I reserve my own site?

8. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

My records show that is 194 miles from here to Coulee City which means I should be on the water no later than 11:00am on the 20th. Look for a white Dodge pickup and a guy fishing out of a Super Fat Cat. I hope to pre-perforate a few lips before the hordes show up on Friday. :thumb: Any of you early arrivals stop by and introduce yourselves, it will be nice to meet you. Ive

Ivebrakesforlakes

9. Islander

Islander Steve

I'll probably be up there on Thurs. sometime in the afternoon. Depends on how early I get up and get going. Hopefully Backyard will mark where the fire is going so I can camp far enough away to keep the paint from melting off my truck. You got to love his comment on fires at the Cowlitz, "It's not a fire if you can't see it from space." :beer2:
    Hey Old man, No whiskey for you until Sat. night. I want to see you fish. :p

10. Flyn'dutchman

Flyn'dutchman Member

Backyard, if you are going to be there Thursday night I would be glad to throw some flies with you at night. I've even got a glow in the dark line. Fished Rocky Ford at night many times. :thumb:

11. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Media:
    Roper,
    Backyard is right it just won't be the same if you don't go.

Yard,

So I'm not good enough to night fish with you, huh. We are going to light up the night this year :ray1:

I'm out heading east for some fishing with the rest of the crowds or maybe not :rofl:

12. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Media:

Oh sh!t I forgot.. last year you were always out to the bitter end with us.! Yeah jabs we will light it up for sure. Good luck this weekend. :beer2:

13. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Media:

Hell yeah lets do it... Glow in the dark line? Now this i gotta see.

14. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Media:
    Friday I'll be finishing up three days of 5th grade environmental camp with my students. I won't have a voice, but I should pull in sometime late on Friday. I'll fish Saturday and Sunday with my new deep water chironimid patterns. Check out the Early Lake Fly Swap.

IRA..

15. Dan Soltau

Dan Soltau New Member

Media:
    I will definatly be out there casting into the night, something i wouldnt turn down at least. I can bring another extra tube and fins and if anybody needs one or four i can get more. Pop me an email if you need one and i can just bring over friday. Sounds good :thumb:

16. Matt Smith

Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Media:
    I'll be there Late Thursday or early Friday and fish, fish, fish. Then I gotta high tale it back to Everett so I can take my kids to go see the Wiggles. :thumb:

17. East Fork

East Fork Active Member

Media:
    There is also going to be a bass tournament in Banks Lake on the 23rd. Busy weekend!

18. Chris Allen

Chris Allen Member

Media:
    I figure I'll come out of my lurkeriness on this messageboard and come out and meet you all. I'll be the one with the wal-mart pontoon who keeps swearing at his casting ability. I've never been to any of them there lakes up there.

19. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Media:
    Home Page:
    I will be there with stripedbass44. Im gonna be fawkin shot from about 3 weeks of fishing and little school between montana, arkasas, and spring break. Maybe i will just sleep all day and catch fish in the wee hours of the morning when everyone else is passed out infront of the fire. Watch yourselfs, i may be pretty tired...but i can still heat up a can of lukewarm water and watch people piss their pants after i dip their hands in it. Not that i would, im sure Chris can run faster than me. What about Old Man?

Peace,
    Andy

20. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    When I was as young as you are,I could go all day and night with little sleep. What's up with this generation. All they want to do is sleep. You will want to sleep when you get as old as I am. But I can get by with as little as 4 hours,but after a few days I will crash. It isn't pretty.

Jim

P.S. I'm sleeping in a locked trailor :p :p :p