Dry Falls outing, clave, whatever

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Whitey, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Sounds like the turn out is going to be high for this get-together. I expect it to be crowded whether we all show or not, that's why we picked Dry Falls on a weekend. For me, it's really not about myself getting some quality time on the water, I just want to hang with the fella's and meet some new faces. I also want to encourage some of the guys that are new to fly fishing to show up. Or don't lake fish that much. I am willing to help anyone with casting, or anything else. I will open my fly boxes up to all, and I will be tying some patterns for anyone that needs a fly or two. I think if I could get someone into a fish or two that hasn't had much luck fishing lakes, well, that would make my day. April 19, see you all there! YT:beer2

Camping? anyone make a reservation at the state park? Or anywhere else??

Old Man Jim, if you show up, I'll show you a great little "skinny water" spot. Just to entice you into making it. And it ain't RF. ;)

2. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Damn Whitey you should work for hallmark! that was a most inviting invite. i would like to show up and meet everyone for the 1st time:beer2 but this all depends on me gettin' oil change and tune-up , im working on it:smokin do you have to have a tube for this place?

bhudda

3. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

I've never seen Whitey in such a congenial mood. What a wonderful thing it is. When I was over at his place this afternoon showing him my new (old) powerwagon/fishmobile he even offered to drive his 4 runner up to Dry Falls. And to top it off he showed me a new bunny pattern I have never tried. He calls it the "Mr. T" for some obvious reasons.

Can't wait to see you all up there. I will have boxes full of bunny leeches to pass out. I feel like Santa, Whitey's good will is rubbing off on me.

If Whitey doesn't have to bring "everything but the kitchen sink" I might just be able to slip the old sheep skin in the 4 runner. We'll see. Now a Sheep skin leech pattern... that is something I am going to have to consider.

MAC

4. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

what the heck is this crap???? It sounds like "when Harry met Sally" or something??? I cant tell but I think you two are trying to kiss some ones rear or something???? Oh wait I think I just got it...your trying to act all nice and cozy to entice old man Jim to come along, and then WHAMO!!! }( }( }( }(

~Patrick ><>

5. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Hey Whitey,
    I haven't fly fished Dry Falls since '72. Man I would really like to show up for one of those casting lessons. Then take one of your fly boxes and not even fish. You are such a sweet guy. Unfortunately, I've been spackling/priming/painting the interior of my house plus replace a toilet or two, molding and anything else that's screwed up. Wife volunteered the house for a party that she is giving her sister-in-law to be, this Saturday. But you know how much my wife lets me fish so I have to put out. And I do mean ALL the maintainence work that has to be done(wink, wink, nod, nod). Oldman Jim is so pissed I haven't fished with him, he says he's going to take me out of his will. Like he's got anything I want. Anyway, why do you always have to have these things on the weekends I work. I may get some time to fish this weekend, but I'm working the 19th. I really wanted to show you how to two hand the still water. Also keep in mind two handing the Yak in the future.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

6. MacRowdy

Pat, Old Man Jim can even use the Sheep Skin and do you think I should bring a body pillow for him too? Wait, there's no best western at Dry Falls. How's this all gonna work?

MAC

7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

What's this. Pick on oldman Jim day. There's got to be a motel some where close to there. I don't think that I would survive a night outside with you jokers. Lets see I have a small tent,a sleeping bag no not that one.The back of my wagon would make a good bedroom. I need lots of water for all my pills that I have to take.(Getting older).And taking them with beer don't help.

So's Saturday the day, I was thinking of coming over on Friday morning and fishing my way there. Stopping at the upper Yakima, around Easton. Then later of going to the zoo(RFC) and then there.

Jim

8. MacRowdy

Are you kidding Jim? You are going to go to RFC by yourself? Better bring some fish Mace for those bad boys. They might jump you and give you a slap down. Better stick to the handicapped dock as well.

Can't wait to see you up at Dry Falls!

MAC

9. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Can we build a bonfire in the back of the wagon and hang out in there if its too cold outside?? Is it the old wagon with the wood paneling...that would be totally dope if it was :smokin

So who all is heading over Friday and camping?? I sure hope its not just Mac and YT?? These guys scare me...all they do is eat pizza, watch tv, then go to bed. I want to make smores, sing campfire songs, and then tell scary stories and hope the batteries dont go dead in the flashlight my daddy gave me for my birthday. }( }( }(

~Patrick ><>

10. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

I'm off that Friday. Any of you red plaid shirt wearing wannabes going to be there? Jim, if your hitting the Yak on that Friday, I'll bring a 5 wt Spey rod and meet you there. If I fish dry falls on Sat. I'd have to be back in Seattle by 3 pm to work so we couldn't share a ride like usual.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

11. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Come on now, let me know whaassup on the 18th. I'm giving up a fishing day on the Sol Duc to fish with you team ragged wannabes and I don't do to often.

Matt

12. MacRowdy

Mattzoid,

Jim says he'll see you on the Yak. And yes you better make it out to Dry Falls. We'll have a blast making smores with Pat and singing campfire songs. Yipeee!

MAC

13. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Yes,I'll see him on the Yakima. We'll set something up and have a go at it. I'm fishing with him on Saturday and we can discuss it then.

I don't know if I can take Pat's singing and making smores. I try to stay away from any loud skreechings and I'm on a see food diet. See food and I want to eat it.

Jim

14. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Singing, smores and free flies from Whitey. This is going to be so much fun, I'll have to bring some ativan.

Matt

15. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

For those camping out. Where are you planning to camp? I have never fished at Dry Falls or been there and I would like to try and join you all and put some more faces to the names on this board. I would head out Friday night if everything works out.I would most likely be leaving Seattle around 3PM All I need is a place to park the truck and throw the kayak and ice chest out the back. I was thinking of hitting Merrill that weekend but Dry Falls might be fun for a change of pace.:beer2

16. kal

kal Member

Since I have the whole week off, I was planning on heading over there on Wednesday and camping at the state park for the rest of the week if anyone else is going over early and would like to get toghether let me know.
    kurt

17. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

If your heading for Coulee City you will be coming up Route 17 and just watch for Sun Lakes State Park. Look for a newer red Ford F150 with matching canopy and a black GMC 3/4 full size(older). If Mac shows in time we will drape the sheepskin over the tailgates, kinda like a British flag, but different ;-) LOL

Hope to see everyone there.

~Patrick ><>

18. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Whoever gets there first should reserve/hold/pay for adjoining spaces. I'm committed (to showing up, not some mental institution), who else is?

The OLN film crew can't make it, but I'm bringing my roadies and film crew.

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

19. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

I will be there around 5:00 or so friday?? Does someone have a contact number maybe and we could call and reserver something??? Do we have any sort of head count??

~Patrick ><>

20. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

I just found out that Sun Lakes State Park is a first come first serve basis at this time. I think this is until May or the end of May.