Dry Falls outing, clave, whatever

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Whitey, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Are you bringing your "old man" or am I going to be the only old man there.I took a survey and only BL answered it. It seems that we are the only old coots here. Lets here it for the old folks. I hope someone is bringing a rocking chair as I have to rest my buns from time to time.:p

Jim

2. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Media:
    I should blow off the Yakima and get to the State park early. Get a site for the weekend and then you guys could pay me back for Sat and Sunday Since I'm hauling ass back to work on Sat. That way I could fish Friday and Sat morning.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

3. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Hey Matt...that would be awesome...but dont blow off your yak trip too early just to get a spot though, there is always the side of the road if we need to ;). If you do get us a spot im game for throwin some cash your way for friday night cause saturday night I will be sleeping back at home so we can hunt some eggs with the kid sunday morning :thumb

Lookin forward to meeting you and good luck with the Old Man on the Yak...make sure and refresh his memory for the campfire songs cause im sure he has forgotten all of em }(

~Patrick ><>

4. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    Uh,...maybe I should think this one out. Somehow the thought of all you Yahoos singing "Coom-By-Ya" or some other sappy fireside song doesn't cut it. Maybe I'll get a "remote" site...

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

5. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    does remote equate to "Best Western" :p.

Looks like we will be rolling into town areound 2-3 pm now?? I will hook up with a few spots hopefully??

So who all do we have plannin on showin so far??

YT
    MAC
    Roper
    Old Man
    Matt
    myself
    daddy-o

Any one else im forgettin??

~Patrick ><>

6. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    No BW for me...

...maybe just out of earshot of you coyotes howling. I'll be there around the same time.

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Lets see if I get my normal beauty sleep(and I need alot of it) which is about 9 hrs the night before. And I get up about 7 o'clock AM I should get over the hump about 10:00(slow driver) Fish for a little while up around Easton and then head that away be there about 4ish give or take forever.

Jim

8. lotech joe

lotech joe New Member

Patrick,
    I've been planning for almost a year on being there. I'll be camped in Wilbur with my brother. He goes turkey hunting and I go fishing. I must like fishing better than he likes turkey huntin' cuz I'm willing to travel farther. I'll only be there Saturday, but I WILL be there.
    Lotech Joe:thumb

9. Ty

Ty Fish?! Where?!

Media:
    Dont forget me...

Tyler

Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

10. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Media:
    I'll try to be there early in the AM on Friday and kick Ranger Rick off his gay boyfriend so I can get a spot at Sun Lakes. I'll get it for Fri and Sat and then I'm hitting the Lake before lunch. I'm sleeping in my Jeep so you can take the grass if your tenting. That way you'll only have to pay the extra vehicle fee. I'll check with you dudes later. Gotta go to work and then Jim and I are hitting the Yak tomorrow morning. I'll email you my cell number if you don't have it already. That way, once I get camp set up complete with fortified fighting positions, you can touch bases with me. But that's all your touching! Coom by yaw my ass, I know how all you ex-camp counselors work.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

11. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Media:
    I should be rolling in around 7PM Friday night. If I do not find your camp Friday I will see you on the lake Saturday. Sorry I do not have a cell phone in case I do not find you all, but if you see a Dodge Dakato with a red small Kayak sticking out the back it is I. I look foward to fishing with the group: No one better tell the fish or the local cops we are coming. beer2

12. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Media:
    I just returned from seven days of fishing over there (To tired to give a full report now, look for it tomorrow), and camping if it resembles anything like last weekend, will not be an issue. Plenty of places.

As the days progressed, and the weather warmed up, so did the fishing. I'm bobber watcher with a blue Waterskeeter and a red dry bag.

I'm heading over on Thursday evening with a friend of mine from Minnesota. I don't think we'll camp in the park if we can score a more wind protected spot further down the road. If not we'll be there. I'm in 2003 Toyota Tacoma Forest Green with a matching canopy.

I look forward to meeting some of you.

IRA..

13. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Media:
    Count me in!
    Does anyone going have a contact cell number? I will be doing this trek solo, so it would be pretty boring boozing it up by myself.

~cHris

14. topflight121

topflight121 Josh Pearson

I'll be there with bells on. I'll be showing up at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning. If ya want a cigar ask.

I'll be wearing my lucky Stetson fishing hat.

cheers

josh

15. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Media:
    Home Page:
    Topflight, bring another christmas ham. Backyard, bring some bunny leeches cuz you can match any hatch with one of those. Old man Jimbo, bring your grouchy self. Pwoens bring your old man so roper and jim have someone to hang out with.

Someone bring a guitar. Someone bring something warm and toasty for whitey to drink. He is the funniest kid when he gets a little in him. (remember at the ford) hahahaha

I really look forward to meeting you fellas who have yet to hook up with Team Rugged. Roper will be there selling patches. :) hehehehe

MAC

16. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Media:
    schmokin'reel

hey ! do you need a tube for this lake? could make or brake my decision here. help.:dunno thanks-bhudda

17. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    from what I know, YES?? But this is from what I have heard??

hope to see you there??

~Patrick ><>

18. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    I can loan you a float tube. But I only have one pair of fins, and thier gonna be on my feet. Anyone got a spare pair of fins for MR. Bhudda?:dunno YT

19. Greg G

Greg G New Member

Can me and my brothrt-in-law come along. he is a lot better at fly fishing than me, but I am learning. Can we use a small boat? I have a 10' livingston I cold bring.

Thanks Greg :beer1

20. Greg G

Greg G New Member

Fisrt message posted inthe wrong area, sorry. i was wondering if my brother in law and I could tag along. I am wanting to get away for the weekend. What type of flies and line do we need to bring. I have a 10' Livingston I can bring.

Thanks Greg