Dry Falls outing, clave, whatever

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Whitey, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Media:
    So exactly how many State Parks are we going to be at? Looks like a few may be hiding at those parks up on Banks lake. Are we going to have a meeting spot or just wear our patches. Speaking of which, I don't have a patch. Is anyone bringing patches? I hope to be fishing before lunch on Friday in my new pontoon boat. I'll slap down the cash for my spot with ranger rick at Sun Lakes and then mark my spot with urine on the post or some such device you will recognize. Pitch a tent, but leave me a spot to park. And I don't want no beer cans and smores all over my campsite.

BTW Whitey, you better be tying your ass off. I don't have no stinking trout flies. If you don't have enough, I'm taking your vest, but I'll leave ya your PFD because I like you and think your special.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

2. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    No worries matt, I am currently getting real creative with some Chironomids. Got about a dozen or so today. So Matt, You have no trout fies? :dunno Actually, I'm not suprised, I always knew you were a steelhead elitist!;) If you steal my vest, I'm gonna grab your new sage 5120 spey and take off! BTW, I hope I get to demo that puppy, every time I hit a flyshop, they a plum out. That 5120 is selling like hotcakes!

YT's ride=95 Toyota 4runner. red. look for it.:smokin

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

I hope you don't think that you will learn anything from me. I'm just an old dumb wetsider. Actually of all the years that I've been fly fishing I've only fished stillwater about 6 times so this type of fishing is totally new to me. I just like skinny water.:beer1 :smokin . I have no idea why I use these icons as I don't smoke and I never drink unless I'm alone or with somebody.:dunno .

Jim :thumb

4. XstreamAngler

XstreamAngler ...has several mistresses.

Media:
    Home Page:
    Good God, THIS sounds like a party! Where there is a party, there is beer, where there is beer.....well there is always not enough!
    SAK
    Xstream}(

5. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    :rofl Im not sure that you would want to take YT's vest.....you dont know whats living up in that thing???

What boat are you gonna be floatin around in Matt?? We should be there shortly after lunch....a matching father and son team with identical fleece's and blue soutfork boats. Theres a story for ya = the old man loves to piss me off so he goes out and buys the EXACT same fleece, EXACT same hat, and then to top it off he buys the EXACT same southfork boat.....dirty sob :+ :+ :+ ...just keep your eyes open for a pair of idiots bitchin at each other in a black gmc. I will understand if you try and hide in the tullys or somewhere else like the other side of the lake when you see us comin.}(

cya all friday

BTW: I think YT has a new thread record...oh mighty yt

~Patrick ><>

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

Doesn't anybody sleep any more?:beathead :dunno

Jim

7. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    shouldnt you be in bed

Shouldnt you be in bed resting up for this weekend??
    }( }( :p :p

~Patrick ><>

8. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

If you see an old fat man out there looking like he doesn't know what he's doing in a bright yellow tube and yelling dirty words that will be me.:bawling. If the tube doesn't get to my house in time I'll be in a Alpine by B/B and it is a teal green. And I will still be swearing.

Jim

9. gknell9

gknell9 New Member

I am sorry just got back. Would like to see you guys there, but I don't know where you guys are camping can you tell me where you will be.
    Thanks Tony Knell

10. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

Sun Lakes state park. Just find the unruly crowd.

And Patrick I can't sleep,going on 26 hours now.

Jim

11. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Media:
    Home Page:
    You guys are killing me! If Gknell is going to be there we won't stop laughing! I am laughing already. Between Gknell, Bart and OldMan it will surely be a historic event! I wish Sparsy could be there on friday night.

Wait, why isn't BOBLAWLESS going to be there? I want Boblawless!!!!!!!!!!

I need to take a poll: Since Whitey is going to be driving, and he packs so much shiz into his 4 runner, and I will probably have to choose between the Famous "red pants" or the Sheepskin, Which should I choose?

Thanks for the help. I am totally at a loss as to what I should do!

MAC

12. kal

kal Member

Weather looks good, truck is loaded, I'm outta here. I will be heading over to the state park today, leaving in about 5 minutes. Will be there through Sunday. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm driving a green 95 Tacoma, with a roof rack, WaterSkeeter pontoon boat, grey/blue REI dome tent. Anyone that can come over early look me up. Don't worry, I probably won't catch all the fish before Friday. Just scare them with some poorly tied flies.
    kurt

13. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    Which one???

I guess that depends on where you're sleeping???

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

14. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Deleted message

No message

15. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Media:
    Home Page:
    Which one???

Yeah if I don't let Whitey crash in my tent he might sleep under the stars and become waaaay too rugged for all of us. As long as he doesn't bring along his "tent partner" Alexandria.

I think I'll try to bring both but we'll just have to see.

MAC:dunno

16. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    Which one???

Hey, I got some pants that are black with red peppers all over them. Can I wear them or will they show up your red ones.:p

Don't you think this should be started on a new thread. If someone was to start at the beginning he would not get it read until friday. And besides I'm now starting to read everythingtwice. You can tell by my last sentence that I have been up way tooo loooooong and needsome sleep.

Jim

17. lotech joe

lotech joe New Member

I started this string about 2 months ago. I was wondering at the time if anyone had a report on Dry Falls, because I was heading there on the 19th of April. MAN, did it ever grow into something great. I am so looking forward to this trip! There are a lot of names/faces to put together for me, I can't begin to realize. I understand that there will be patches available. If the person who has the patches is going to be there, I WANT ONE. I'm bringing BHPTN's, Wooly Buggers, size 22 & 24 midges, and everything else I can think of that doesn't work. If everyone shows up, who says they will show up, the Park Department will probably start the $5 parking fee earlier next year. So we should think of another place for next Spring. But for this year, I'm looking forward to a saturated lake with friends from both sides of the state. Let's make it an annual affair. Maybe next year we can do the second week in June, on the Kettle River, north of Repubulic. What say?
    Lotech Joe:rolleyes

18. lotech joe

lotech joe New Member

I started this string about 2 months ago. I was wondering at the time if anyone had a report on Dry Falls, because I was heading there on the 19th of April. MAN, did it ever grow into something great. I am so looking forward to this trip! There are a lot of names/faces to put together for me, I can't begin to realize. I understand that there will be patches available. If the person who has the patches is going to be there, I WANT ONE. I'm bringing BHPTN's, Wooly Buggers, size 22 & 24 midges, and everything else I can think of that doesn't work. If everyone shows up, who says they will show up, the Park Department will probably start the $5 parking fee earlier next year. So we should think of another place for next Spring. But for this year, I'm looking forward to a saturated lake with friends from both sides of the state. Let's make it an annual affair. Maybe next year we can do the second week in June, on the Kettle River, north of Repubulic. What say?
    Lotech Joe:rolleyes

19. Sparse Grey Hackle

Sparse Grey Hackle Member

Media:
    Lotech Joe:

I'd say you'd have some major moaning and groaning from the westsiders (or "coasties") if you made them drive that long for a sweet place like the Kettle. You've got to remember, most of these guys ruff-tuff it at the Lake Sammamish State Park.:p

Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by.
    (Sir Izaak Walton)

20. worldanglr

worldanglr Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Sparse,

Whitey talked me into it, greyghost and I were planning on camping at another spot out that way on Saturday, but heck, we might as well swing by and have a coupla beers and tie some flies (I've got most of my materials with me). Have to be back at work on Sunday, so if nothing else, let's party!

worldanglr
    http://www.worldanglr.com/

Calling Fly Fishing a hobby is like calling Brain Surgery a job.
    -Paul Schullery