Dry Falls outing, clave, whatever

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Whitey, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    LTJoe,

Why wait for next year when this year is already here. The Kettle intriques me, and I'd like to fish it. I was thinking of hitting it during grouse season, because I hunt the Wauconda area and that's pretty close already.

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

2. lotech joe

lotech joe New Member

Roper,
    That's an idea. I'll have to rethink my summer's fishing budget though. We'll have to talk about it at Dry Falls. I'll only be there on Saturday. White Ford P/U with a short narrow box. Are you camping at Sun Lakes St Park? Or up in Coulee City?
    Lotech Joe:hmmm

3. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    Sun Lakes with the Oens gang...

Roper,

4. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

I've lived over here on the wetside since 1944. And from what I gathered in all of my outings I have never fished or camped at Lake Sammmmammmmish S/P. I don't even like the place:p It's too crowded and also too big and to think of it all this weekend will be crowded but fun. If you see an old fat man wondering about with a Philadelphia Eagles hat on it's me.

Jim

5. Greg Moore

Greg Moore New Member

You guys have got me intrigued and so I'm leaning towards coming up on Friday but will at least come up on Saturday. I've got a bunch of rot gut liquor that I'll bring. Got some left over beer (left over cuz I don't drink that particular brand) and some half empty bottles of the hard stuff (Myers rum, Beefeaters gin, Smirnoff vodka, some Yukon Jack perma-frost schnapps & peach schnapps). That ought to get you guys singing!!

:beer2

I'll also bring an extra tube & an extra pair of fins in case someone doesn't have a floating devise. On your own for a pfd.

Never been up in that neck of the woods (sagebrush) so it will be fun exploring so new territory. Sun Lakes State Park, 6 weight rod, floating and sinking lines, nymphs and dries, waders (rain jacket), drinking water, food, firewood(?), sunscreen (bug juice), WFF patch & I should be ready.

Greg

:thumb

6. AZTKflyguy

AZTKflyguy New Member

I got home from Dry Falls last night. Windy & Cold monday, nice & sunny tuesday, breezy with showers yesterday. Campground practically deserted except for the fly crowd ~8 rigs. 4 nice fish hit #12 bloodworm tuesday & only 1 munched a chironomid/bobber yesterday.

Good Luck if you go & tight lines to all.:thumb

7. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    holy crap, this thread is huge. I never thought this thing would get this big. well, I hope we all have some fun this weekend.

I'm going to bring some garbage bags so we can do a little dry falls parking lot clean-up, it's the least we can do.

blood worms? I just tied a few. Lake turn-over must be close. which means it'll be real good, or real slow. depends on flies and tactics. also, Chironomid emergers, I suspect that if you can figure out how to fish 'em properly, you'll do well. :professor YT:beer2

8. Greg Moore

Greg Moore New Member

Hey YT, I've got some WaDOT trash bags left over from the YRFF Yakima clean up that I'll bring.

Greg

"In our family, there is no clear
    line between religion and fly
    fishing" Norman Maclean

9. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    greg, that would be sweet. thanks! YT:thumb

Will this thread get to 100 posts? We could set a record...............:dunno :hmmm

10. Greg Moore

Greg Moore New Member

Since I've never been to Dry Falls, looking at the gazetteer Sun Lake State Park looks to be near Park Lake with Dry Falls lake further up 17. True? Is there a better area/ parking lot to pull into at Dry Falls?

Also, anyone knwo the name of the golf course that is shown on the map?

Greg

fishing" Norman Maclean

11. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

It's called Vic Meyers Golf Course. We're getting closer.

Jim

12. Bart

Bart New Member

I have nothing to say. Just posting to help Whitey's thread break the 100 mark:thumb Bart

13. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Media:
    Well I'm confirmed to go for Friday-Sunday. I should be leaving Snohomish at about 2:30pm. So I'll be there as fast as the truck can take me. So as I understand it, the majority is meeting at the State Park? If so look for the Burgandy F-150 and give me a yell... cause I don't see to well.

See you guys soon...

~cHris

14. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Media:
    Home Page:
    Okay, I have read every word of this thing throughout it's printed life. Every damned word of it.It is obvious to me that there are some good friendships formed here. But do I wish you folks would remember to keep the personal messages and personal banter to a better minimum than has happened on this topic. It tends to exclude others new to the site. I am glad you are all getting together etc. And I wish I could come. Maybe next time. Anyone wishing to attend these festivities can read all about it, dates, places, times etc. within the above postings.

No doubt there will be another lengthy follow-up here after you all get out of jail or the hospital, or divorce court. So for now,
    Adiu.

15. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Media:
    I'm leaving by 6 am so it's to late to tell me if you need me to buy Sat night too. Whitey has my cell and he should be able to call me if need be. I'll be the only person out there with a bright yellow ODC Sport pontoon boat and two handing a 12 foot 5wt. I should standout like a sore thumb. See ya'll there.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

16. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    We will be on the road by 12:30....I hope TY doesnt read this cause I was suppose to call him lastnight so he could ride over with us but im trying to ditch him }( }( }( }( ....kiddin.

So explain something to me and the others who have never been here. We find the park and pitch our tent to claim our ground? Then we drive to dry falls lake, which is suppose to be a crappy road, and then find anyone and everyone from wff.com?? Where is the lake from the park and should we all wear bright yellow shirts so Jim can find us?? Kinda like disneyland and families??

~Patrick ><>

17. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    Patrick, The road to the lake goes right past the Park. Enter into the park off Rte. 17 and keep to the left once you're in the park, you should see signs for two left hand turns to Dry Falls lake. The road is rough this year according to Mike at Ted's Tackle Shop (he was just there).
    Grab us a couple of camping spots and I should be there around 2:00.

Roper,

18. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

Don't worry about me,I'll just look like the guy that doesn't know what he's doing,like now. I drive a old '92 Subaru wagon,gun metal gray.

Jim

19. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    what time you plannin on rolling into camp Jim??

~Patrick ><>

20. Greg Moore

Greg Moore New Member

Roper, thanks for the info on how to get to Sun Lakes & Dry Falls. I did find a crude map in "Flyfisher's Guide to Washington". I should be able to find it.

Greg

fishing" Norman Maclean