Dry Falls Report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Redbeard, Sep 14, 2001.

1. Redbeard

Redbeard New Member

Went to Dry Falls Lake last weekend for the first time. Had a good time and caught between 20 - 25 nice rainbows. They weren't much in size (largest 18" ) but all were in great shape and nice deep fish. Most were caught on a damsel with a few on cronnies. Fishing should get better as the weather cools, but I have no complaints. It's a beautiful lake and worth fishing.:)

2. Chinook Electric

Chinook Electric New Member

Great news red. Dry Falls is one of my favorite lakes. Never fished it in the Fall. Thanks for the report.

3. GlennS

GlennS New Member

Home Page:
    Thanks for the report. My wife and I were thinking of heading over that way next week for a little vacation and to give Dry Falls a try. We have never fished it before but had heard some nice things about the lake. I will report back if we have any luck. Thanks

This smilie is me after last Saturday on Cady Lake. It got a little warm for my bald head. No fish but nice day.
    GlennS:XX

4. GlennS

GlennS New Member

Home Page:
    We went to Dry Falls Lake on vacation last week (9/23 thru 9/29) and had a great time. I caught my first and second brown trout (19" and 17") plus a lot of rainbows from 15" to 20". Other's caught larger fish. Caught fish on Mrs. McConnell (from Kamloops patterns), olive wooly bugger, Denny's Seal Bugger, Denny's stillwater nymph, and anything that remotely looked like a chironimid. They were taking the wooly buggers right on top. I hadn't been able to get my wife interested in fly fishing but we had to stop on the way home and get her a new rod and reel. Cost more than the whole trip. The evening midge hatches were incredible. I think I swallowed as many as the fish did on Friday evening. The wind was a little strong and there were 50 to 60 mph sustained winds on Wednesday night after we got back to camp. A number of tents went down during the night. There were a lot of fish caught in Park Lake, nothing in Lenore, and if you decide to try Perch Lake, we watched a fish working along the North shore for about 5 minutes that was pushing 10 lbs. We have a new favorite lake.:jj