Dry Falls report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Madison, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Madison

Madison New Member

Fished Dry Falls yesterday. The action was slower than last year because the tried and true deep water methods (full sink line with some leach/dragon fly) were not working during the middle of the day. There were three so-so chiro hatches. One at about 9:00 another at 12:00 ish and the last at dusk. I had my best luck fishing a hatching midg patteren in the surface film (Brian Chan pattern size 16 to 18). Got 2 browns and one bow of about 20-22 inches measured against my net. Two other fish of 14 and 16 inches and lost three others and got 5 nice strikes on the dry midg durng the evening hatch all of which I mised or lost. One of the fish I lost was a brown that took me nearly to my backing three times and made 4-5 other good runs (not to mention spinning the boat a few times.) I had it on for over 5 min. then looked over my sholder and said to a friend "(Man!!!! this is the best fight I have ....) bye bye fishy. Just that fight was worth the drive. Great day, little windy but not to bad, although I was surprised to see about 15 other people on the water midweek. Take a day off for some quite fishing and - oh well. :beer1

2. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Media:
    Home Page:
    I'm getting a little bit excited.

MAC

3. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    ME TOO!!! Thanks for the report. I am excited about the free flies and lessons. I hope YT is giving more than just casting lessons :p

~Patrick ><>

4. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Media:
    Nice report. I'm hitting Lenore and Dry Falls this weekend with a couple buddies. I will post a report when I get back.

Too bad I a scheduled my Dry Falls trip this week instead of Team Rugged weekend but since April 19th is Easter weekend, I did not get my permission slip signed. .:beathead

I will try to train them trout for you guys as I will have my daytime Chronies and my evening DB Wabbit action going on in the moonlight hours.

Maybe we'll hook up at Grimes as I hit this every opener with some fellas and camp at Sardine Camp at the North end Jameson.:beer2