Dry Falls this wekend

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by ray helaers, Apr 25, 2002.

1. ray helaers

ray helaers New Member

I'm thinking about going to Dry Falls on Sunday. Any tips? How about Lenore?

2. Al

Al New Member

I just put in a report on Dry Falls - can give you more if you need. When we went by Lenore at 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, there was not a single fisherman at the north end. Coming back at 3:30 p.m. there were 3 float tubers working that area. I don't know how they were doing, but there wasn't much interest for this time of year.

Dry Falls was really nice. Little wind and the sun really made things feel warm and comfortable. What a setting!!! With the emerger action getting pretty regular on takes and then those fish exploding out of the water, it made for a really nice outing.

Keep in mind that this weekend is the regular opening day for fishing, so there will be lots of traffic in the Ephrata area and there were already 20-25 RV's parked beside Blue and Park Lakes on Wednesday! I suspect there will be a crowd at Dry Falls on Saturday.

Al :pROFESSOR

3. sjterry

sjterry Sr. Lurker

Media:
    There were 52 boats on Dry Falls last Sat. In my opinion it was already crowded. Dry fly fishing (dry midge) was great if you fished till dark.

4. dryfly

dryfly New Member

Curious what you used as 'dry midge' on DryFalls at dusk?
    (if you don't mind sharing your secret pattern;-)

When I was there few weekends back, at dusk in the main "bay" out from the launch, they started feeding the surface on smallish gray midges. I put on a #18 Griffith Gnat (sort of.. with addition of white CDC plume for visability and floatation). Got two fish on it, but was wondering if there is something a little closer resembling the real insects hatching.

Thanks

dryfly
    Kirkland