Dry Falls Trip/Meeting/Event III - 2005

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Backyard, Jan 22, 2005.

?

Dry Falls CAN-AM Event Dates Poll

Poll closed Mar 2, 2005.
  1. April 15, 16, 17

19 vote(s)
    26.0%
  2. April 22, 23, 24

28 vote(s)
    38.4%
  3. April 29, 30 & May 1

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. I don't care I'm not going

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  1. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

3 Months notice should be enough to get everyone ready... right?? :confused:

We've been doing this for a couple years now and seems to go over pretty well. Always some good stories. (and a couple of us have blown past the 30" Brown mark there, shhhh)

SO... WHAT WE NEED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN..

- A date (WFFC is probably going to do something in april, do we all want to be there at the same time?)
    - Is there gonna be another potluck?
    - Who is gonna bring equipment for those in need?
    - Who needs to borrow shit?
    - Who has the keg hookup? (or who wants to bring some and charge a couple bucks a cup)
    - Who has the firewood hook-up? (hikepat had a truckload of pallets one year)
    - Anything I can't think of..??

Some quick answers for the new....

- Yes the campground has - bathrooms, showers electricity.. etc.
    - The campground is big enough to get away from the group and hide your children. Also RV areas.
    - The lake is a couple miles away from the camp.
    - There isn't much around the camp or lake, so non-fishing friends and family better bring a book. or hang out with oldman while he naps on the shore.

Ok so THREE MONTHS heads up time... we should be able to fill the camp spots 3 times over.

If you don't come... In MacRowdy's words.. "You're such a GAYWAD!" :thumb:

Here's some of posts from the past... New guys.. Read these for history and dirt. :rofl:

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php?t=13678&highlight=Dry Falls

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php?t=13754&highlight=dry falls

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php?p=23818#post23818

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php?t=17183&highlight=dry falls

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php?t=17534&highlight=Dry Falls

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php?t=17527&highlight=Dry Falls

2. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

I'll have multiple 4 & 6wt's on hand. Will possible have the reels / lines ready by then as well. The watermasters will be made avail. I'll check on wood. I'd say the amount of wood we had at the last event worked out really well.

Food? Well, I'm game for bringing whatever I find along the way. :p

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well the pot luck thingy didn't seem to work out for me last year. Some food doesn't last to long with Racoons around. Well at least I tried to fish,but being away from home was to great of a feeling(no kids for three days) and the warm sun. Us wet siders aren't used to that much sun in the spring.

Yes, I will try to come again this year as I was doing the good impression of being a good drunk again. But Bart's catfish fry was really good. But didn't get to eat much else. The Booze got in the way.

Jim

4. Islander

Islander Steve

Food? Well, I'm game for bringing whatever I find along the way. :p[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe Backyard can bring his racoon. It should be a nice piece of jerky about now. ;)

5. BOBLAWLESS

BOBLAWLESS New Member

Hey Backyard:

Do you think we could combine the CanAm Fishing Championship with your gig? Would you accept the honor (honour) of being team captain? You sure have my vote and I am sure the vote of all the others. I would like to see the Tournament opened to anyone who cares to enter and it could be lots of fun as well as a chance to meet some guys north of the border?

Bob, the Whatcha think? If you think I should be team captain , check out my last post on the Championship thread. :beer2:

6. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Im game, Thats one lake on the dry side that i havnt fished, people tell me i need to. I don't need to borrow any thing, and i will bring 4 rods in the 4-7wt class w/reels and lines if anyone needs them. I have acess to a bunch of float tubes if they are needed, but their not mine so i dont wanna bring them unless people really need them. I will also bring a video camera to get some waff.com worthy footage of people with hangovers trying to cast in the morning. Is this an adult only event? Im not old enough and wouldn't drink anyways, but if u guys wanna keep it over 21, i understand.

Peace,
    Andy

7. Tony

Tony Tony

I'm in if the dates work out for me, sounds fun, lets work it out.
    tony

8. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

I've been waiting a couple of years to catch one of these fly fishing swarays, but again will not be able to make it. the timing is never right for me. :beathead: :beathead: :beathead: :mad: :(

9. wet line

wet line New Member

I am going to try and make it. There are a lot of names with no faces!

I have assorted gear I can bring along including a tent that sleeps 4 comfortably and well a whole bunch drunk. My canoe can handle another person comfortably in the front and someone is welcome to the seat. And yes there is an ice chest on board. Thirst is a terrible thing LOL. But I quarantee that not too much will be consumed. I hate to swim!

Dave

10. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Zen,you are welcome to come. You don't have to be over 21 to fish. And there is no retrictions on who can come and who can't. You just have to take it easy on the old guys you run across bawling: :( :beathead:

Jim

11. Dan Soltau

Dan Soltau New Member

I will be there! Although i dont have the keg hookup, sorry. I like this Can Am/dry falls idea. We should I say we do it around the first of the month, or the last of the month. I vote for the 23rd or 24th. I can bring a couple sixs, a five or two, plus a plethora of lines and reels. I guess i can bring an extra float tube if that is holding anybody back from not going. :beer2: eventhough i cant drink

12. Jeremy Husby

Jeremy Husby Is there a Vahalla for fishermen?

If you guys need wood, I have a couple cords out side.

13. Andy

Andy Workin in a sweet mullet

Can I get drunk and stand on the seat of my pontoon boat for 7 hours a day again with out falling off? (doubtful)

I cant do it until the last weekend in April, and May is way better. And I would rather be hanging out with y'all than doing any of these trips....

April:
    Lee's Ferry 1-3
    Green River , UT 12-16
    Salmon River, ID 21-25

I have to fly up there and make one of y'all give me a ride (Read: well compensated ride :cool: ) out there. Think May..... that would be awesome if I could make it.

One more thing: the potluck didnt work because the evening fishing is just too damn good. maybe we could do a lunch at the lake type of thing. Everyone brings their stoves and food out to the lake??

14. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Sweet, it's all coming together.

Jeremy Husby, are you donating this wood to the washington fly fishing front?

Bob, I am no captain. But thanks for the nomination. If we are to beat these sneaky canucks, we're gonna need the #'s. I suggest Ive and Jabs be on the team. Those boys alone could probably take out Canada by themselves.

Zen - All are welcome.

Andy - Yeah the potluck didn't go down that well last time, you're right.. its because everyone wanted to stay on the lake well into the night. It would be cool if you could make it.

Oldman - You should find someone that can hang in the car with you for 3 hours to give you a ride. Make sure you bring a heater this time.

You know whats really funny, two years ago, when I told my friends I was going out to a remote location to meet a bunch of guys from the internet.
    They were kinda worried. :confused: :rofl:

15. Zen Piscator

Tits dude, i would like to meet everyone. I bet that me being the only one not drunk would give me a significant advantage in late night casting competitions, poker, basically anything. Maybe i will even win a whole bunch of money. BTW, if someone passes out, there has got to be a better shaming than duck tapeing them to a tree......or rock, since Eastern WA has no trees that i have found. Howbout dropping them off at rocky ford for the day with a 4wt and some scuds? Anyways, I will ask Striped bass 44 if he wants to come, we may come up together, providing we can fit 2 pontoon boats in an med sized suv. About fishing in May, if we get a warm spell, like really warm, water temps could mess with the fishing, but i doubt it will that early. Im good with whatever. About the Canada/America competition, i think dry falls would be a good place, from what i have heard it is a diverse lake with lots of places that offer different types of fishing. Another thing i would really like to do is night fishing. I have done it for bass in stillwater and trout in small streams around here, but never bigger lakes with browns. Yard, thanks for setting this up, can't wait....like dude ya dude money dude.

Peace,
    Andy

16. yjluke

yjluke New Member

Ok, newbe question, where is this place at? Would a 6wt set up work well out there? and if I can make I can spring for some wood. I have been cutting the dang stuff all winter and what ever I don't use in the next couple months I can bring, that is if you all don't mind having a newbe around. :clown:

17. Zen Piscator

18. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

If you like, I can dress up like Mr. T and be like the wise janitor who watches the football games from the sidelines and comes through with advice when things are taking a turn for the worse. Mmmmhmmmmm.... I grew up amongst those sneaky canucks and I have grown wise to their sneakiness. They'll be on the jazz and talking a whole lotta Jibba-Jabba, but don't let it distract you. I love it when a plan comes together!

19. BOBLAWLESS

BOBLAWLESS New Member

Hey Alpine trout--

Nothing like a man who knows the enemy. How about being the American captain of the fishing tournament. It's just an honor really. Not much work,
    Nor pay. But if we win, I think the captain gets to kiss the award's presentation chick and has his photo in the papers, movie rights, endorsements, etc.

How about it?

Bob, the I'll do it if I have to but I've never even fished Dry Falls. I would think that would let me out just right there!

20. yjluke

yjluke New Member

I would be in if the wife doesn't have to work (kids). Just let me know when the dates are. Are float tubes a must out there?