Dry Falls Trip/Meeting/Event III - 2005

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Backyard, Jan 22, 2005.

?

Dry Falls CAN-AM Event Dates Poll

Poll closed Mar 2, 2005.
April 15, 16, 17 19 vote(s) 26.0%
April 22, 23, 24 28 vote(s) 38.4%
April 29, 30 & May 1 14 vote(s) 19.2%
I don't care I'm not going 12 vote(s) 16.4%
  1. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +68 / 0
    April 30th is opening day of all the put and take lakes around there. A weekend before that would probably be better for camping.
  2. Andy Workin in a sweet mullet

Columbia River Gorge
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    The weekend before would be better for camping, but there would be less people at the lake because they'll all be at the other lakes, plus I cant make it unless we do it the last weekend. :beer1:
  3. yjluke New Member

mount vernon, wa, usa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    so did this become the candians vs the americans showdown? Haven't been paying attention a whole lot. :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:
  4. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I'm game like it aint no thang!!!! I have a MT trip planned for the weekend of 4/21-4/25 but I might rearrange depending on what is decided with the F!@#$%^ dates.

I vote for the April 8, 9, 10th, the earlier the better that other club I believe usually goes mid to end of April. Do you want some of this :beer1: :cool: ptyd or :beathead: ???
  5. Monk Redneck

Marblemount, WA
    I'm there. Pick a date and I will...wait... April... Well how about a Alaskan WFF meeting on POW!? :beer2: ptyd :beer1:
  6. Crump Member

Grants Pass, OR
    Monk -
    POW, Im in. I was thinking somewhere up there, or there is the Skeena too..
  7. Dan Soltau New Member

Bozeland, MT - Raleigh, NC
    I am hoping it pans out to be one of the last two weekends as the week around the 14th,15th, and 16th is my spring break. I have missed it two years in a row because of this. :beathead: Hopefully i can make it up for the canadian party at least! bawling: :beer1: ptyd
  8. loneangler New Member

Your City ,State
    as long as i can talk my mom in to it im there , shouldnt be too hard. i dont much care when it is i just want to get into some trout and match some faces to the names on the site. should be fun
  9. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +202 / 0
    I haven't chimed in yet, but this all sounds great! I'm up for whenever. I have an extra U-tube and a pair of insulated waders (size 8-9) to kick into to fishing gear "potluck". I've met a few of you guys on day trips, should be interesting for a weekend thing. Figure I can leave on a Friday morning, maybe even Thursday afternoon, and get some sites at the campground. I live in the south end, west of the airport. Perhaps a couple of us could go over in one rig. I've got a truck, no canopy, that I could stack another boat on. Another person, extra gear, whatever. Even tow a trailer for the boats.

WWF to Dry Falls '05!

Micro Brew ptyd
  10. Dan Soltau New Member

Bozeland, MT - Raleigh, NC
    If the poll stands i can bring at least 2 float tubes, a fish cat and an older model of the same boat. I can bring extra rods if needed, but i doubt that anybody on this forum will need them! :p I will still bring bring extras whether somebody needs one or not just in case. How many days will this go for? Hopefully i can take friday off of school, which usually isnt a problem. This is going to be swwweeeeeeetttt! :D
  11. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    Im good with whatever date. Would be best if we pick a weekend were no other clubs and less fisherman are on the water. I usually fish with no more than 2 people, mainly with 1. I think big crowds can put down fish, but its a trade off. Having company to hang out with is almost as good as fishing. If people newer to fly fishing would like to come but don't have the gear, please post here. I have extra rods/tubes/waders/boots...ect. Btw Mr.Lawless, i reseve the right to fish your socks off, just an advance warning.

Peace,
    Andy
  12. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    MicroBrew.. Is Money, I have met him on a couple of occasions. and would put my casting arm on him. Throw him a private message.. give'm some gas money.. get your weak ass over there!
  13. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    Hey Carp kid,

I am old enough to be your grandfather--you know, grampa or scramps as my granddaughter calls me. You can't beat someone like that. I mean, you are good, a very plucky young man, but just think about it. I have been fishing for FIVE more decades than you have lived. Do you think I have learned nothing in that length of time? That HALF of a century?
    But, brash though you are, I will help you--show you some knots or flies or something-how to put your rod together.

Bob, the But fish the pants off of me? Son, I don't even wear pants, just underwear and my boots. So you will have to fish my boots off or my underwear off and I just ain't gonna abide by that! :rofl:
  14. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    iagree

that is all..
  15. Jeremy Husby Is there a Vahalla for fishermen?

Arlington, WA
    Yep the wood is free, just needs someone to pick it up. Love to come but my first born's due date is May 7, I think the wife would not let this one fly . . . for good reasons. . . Just let me know how much you wood you need. . . .
  16. hikepat Patrick

Des Moines, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    When you all get a date set I will plan to be there but most likely will not take part in the games. My luck at Dryfalls has never been to good till late evening.
  17. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    It was wishful thinking. I realize i have a long way to go, and you can never learn it all. I can say i will be learning and watching you guys carefully, im sure i will learn a ton.

Peace,
    The Carp Kid
  18. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    ATCK, don't let old farts and curmudgeons wear you down, show up and kick ass fishing.

HEY! How come you're not in school...it's only 11:45 AM...
  19. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    I'd like to show...probably the end of the month would be better since the MIL is coming to town to "realease the dogs on me" before her first grand kid is due :p

Quick question...are the snakes still curled up well beneath my feet then or are they milling about? I really don't like snakes...but then again fishing is worth screaming like a little girl in front of many strangers! :beer2:
  20. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Multimedia apps baby, internet acess for an hour. I have a 110% in the class, wickedly easy. I do alot of my waff posting in the free time i have in 4th period. So ya, i was in school.

Peace,
    Andy