Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Dry Falls - where's the best road access?

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  steeli 
#1 ·
Hoping to cut out of work early one of these days to go try out my outcast mini-pontoon. My gazetteer doesn't show the roads to dry falls very clearly. Any help this, along with what to use and whereabouts to try my luck are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Sun Lakes Resort, Park, whatever. You're heading north, up out of the Soap, Blue, Park Lakes basin. When you've climbed halfway up out that hole, there's this turn off to the right that takes you back down into the Dry Falls / Sun Lakes park area. If you see the tourist/lookout geologic-big-picture building, then you're a bit too far to the north. That tourist lookout spot is worth visiting, as it will give you a nice bird's eye view of Dry Falls Lake.

With this many landmarks, you should have no real problem finding the lake.

Good Luck!

#4 ·
Take Highway 2 until you get to Banks Lake. There is a turnoff just before you reach Banks/Coulee City. There's a mini-mart and the Dry Falls cafe. Take a right and stay on that road until you hit the Sun Lakes St. Park. Take the road into the park and stay on it until you pass the 2nd campground. You'll actually cross small creek I believe. Once you cross the creek, you take a left. You stay on this road until it splits. At the split, take a left. You stay on this road until you come to a dirt road on your left. Follow the dirt road a ways. You'll go past Perch Lake and eventually hit Dry Falls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.