Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Dry Falls

5K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  Vete a la mierda 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I can't believe this. You all went to Dry falls for a fishing and drinking get together and this is all I get to read about the Dry Falls fling. :beathead: :beathead: :beathead:

For one who is leaving soon I thought I would have soome good reading from the guys.:( :(

Jim

#6 ·
What the hell jim, god didnt make enough prozak for you. Dude cheer up, seriously.

The lake deal isnt for me unless they are on streamers, the only dudes I knew of that even had anything resembling action were fishing chironies slow and low. I cant stand sitting in a tub all day casting, waiting 20 mintues for the flies to sink, and cast again.

Ibn, Hutch, Atomic Dog, Charlie Erdman and I went creekin on saterday and found some great fishing once we got way away from the road, but from what I hear DF was not crakin. We hit it hard friday night and didnt even get a bump, yard though the water was to chilly.

Oh ya, the Ford was HOT. I think i did hook a fish that died on the retieve to the shore, that was the highlight of my weekend. The best was watching backyard's 7inch black bunny leach tearing down the river with a half dozen RF zombies in hot pursuit.

Oh ya, Sak and his jeep made close friends with an unasumming rock, nuthin that mello couldn't lift with his bare finger though...

There was no carp off due to some nasty wind, maybe later this year.

Peace,
Andy

#7 ·
I have some pictures from around the campfire Saturday night. I don't know how to upload them to the site. I know, I know, I used a slide rule in school and not a calculator. I admit I am no computer whiz. If anyone wants to send them to the site I will e-mail some to you. The fishing was slow for John and I. Hopefully our trip next month to Eastern WA will be better. Jim.

#8 ·
Looks like we ended up with two posts about the adventure. I'll post my response here.

No more JBean as the last gulp/swallow for the evening. Makes it to hard to hit smallies on the Columbia the next day and "checking my tire pressure" the next morning was brutal with an audience. With that said I truly enjoyed the whole encounter.

Highlights for me:

-Hooking 20 and landing 14 on mids on Saturday at DF.
-Meeting and fishing/drinking/eating with my new WFF friends/people who will now make fun of me for "checking my tire pressure" after too much JBean.
-Singing Wagon Wheel while Glen played the harmonica and Saloman (SP) jammed on the guitar.
-Eating delicious tacos served up by James and Sloan.
-Double shout out to James who I witnessed graciously and selflessly help people all day on the water, that guy rocks, tacos for all and free help on the water.

Irafly

#9 ·
hahaha! I wondered what happened to ya Ira...you weren't up for coffee bright and early like Saturday! (Personally, I lost a few brain cells to that tequila bottle Sloan brought out.)

Huge :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: to Sloan, James, Susie and Chris for the great grub. Those tacos were awesome!

I fished DF on Saturday with no luck - so Freestone and I headed to Rocky Ford to check it out. I briefly hooked one, but did not land it.

What a GREAT campfire Saturday night - I got to catch up and see so many people, it was sure fun!

#14 ·
This was my first WFF trip and I had a great time. It was nice to meet more people from the board and I really enjoyed getting to know the people behind the names. Kudos to James and Sloan for the fantastic tacos and to Chris and Susie for their wonderful steak. :thumb:

Fishing with everyone, especially Kristin and James, was a blast. As I mostly fish alone, it was really fun to have company for a couple days. The best part was watching other people hook fish and hearing their excitement; knowing the person on the other end of the bent rod definitely multiplied the enjoyment! I wish the wind had been more cooperative but that's spring in E.Wa! However thanks to some permethrin, I didn’t get the other gift of spring - ticks.

Sue, already looking forward to next year’s trip!

PS. Does Backyard always expose himself around the campfire? :eek: Since there were more guys than gals present, I'm figuring it must have been one of those Brokeback moments???

#15 ·
Recovery does wonders....Sak it wasn't me either.....

First off as always I had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I honestly have to say I lacked my hard drive fish from dawn till dusk motivation…Is Sak rubbing off on me?? LOL….playin as we know u gotz the mad skills with the rod and Cruise liner drifter

The W was a blowing all three days which probably added to my lack of motivation for fishing and increased the socialization. I did manage to land a few on Friday.

Though I attempted to fish for a few hours on Saturday she was not ready for me quite yet. Some had her dialed up Ira, James and a few others..Sat night was cool CatDaddy hooking up the first round of tacos..Thanks Chris

In come James and Sloan with a huge stove, and a ton of food. I looked over and they had this taco stuff dialed up and I’m definitely gonna try to get into a few more outings with these guys…....Good to finally meet you two…

Sat night was cool Hutch playing the guitar, Glen on the harmonica and Ira on vocals…Nice entertainment

Sunday we waded Lenore for an hour nada and fished the Ford for about an hour losing all 3 fish hooked.

Yeah I had a pathetic trip in terms of fish being caught but I had blast meeting new people and hanging out…I actually saw what I miss when I’m out on the water until late.

Couple shouts outs and highlights:

Yard thanks for the can
Ibn camping at day use area on the first night
Sak thanks for showing up..Yeah we need to get out
Scoones thanks for bringing the Ramada I had a good sleep up top..hahaha
Sinktip the Hilton now has a rival
Tightline thanks for the coffee…There is no way I would have made it on decaf
Hutch and Glen thanks for the entertainment
Ira's deep mid fishing and campfire vocals were dialed
Kristen even though Ron had to man the shop it was good to see out there
MicroBrew thanks for the talks
Brendan sticking carp and fireside chilling..dude I think you ninja'ed off on Sat night B4 I did...
CatDaddy The grub and Makers was so money..Let’s fish some time and not in the canoe..haha
Mello and Sloan with best tacos this side of the Mississippi
Charlie Keep your wading jacket close by I almost had a new one..haha
Zen the packing enterepeur..he will do anything for $$$ okay I don’t know about everything..
Last but not least holy @#$% around the campfire on Sat was crazy..great time had by all...OMG

There are many others I may not have plugged but good to meet you all....

Screaming reels until the next outing…

Oh yeah I snapped a few photos I will get them up soon..

#19 ·
Thanks to JAB-Hell yes lets fish! You really work too hard to find them secret places! It's really much more easy!

Here are my shoutouts (in no particular order)

Scoones, Word! Get a 5th wheel!
IBN, Please! You call THAT smoking?
Buddha, Where were you, IBN sucked balls.
Zen, I dont care what Yard's girl said, I liked your tits!
TightLine, Word! You came hard with the coffee, the good conversation and the DOPE family car!
TightLine's Brother, I'll party with you any day bro!
Yard's Girl, Rochelle, Richelle, Michelle, does it really matter, you never cease to amaze me with your liver!
Yard, same deal! Nice Tics! Im always down! Even it if does NOT involve the town slut or the exchange student from the Ukraine that lives on the corner in the red house!
IBN, Did I mention? PUUUUUHLEASE!
Charlie, I have no clue who you are, but you spending 15 hours looking for your long lost jacket had me rolling.
Hutch, Dope dog! Dope work on the guitar!
WHOEVER set up the kitchen and ROCKED the tacos, et al et vir. I OWE YOU BIG TIME, that was the poop!
To the two bottles of Makers Saturday night! THANKS! I was CRUNK!
FlySHopKristen, ALWAYS dope to hang with the boss!
Mrs. Scoones, Thanks for the Mac n Cheese, you still have my boots you lush!
The tall guy that was camped with Zen, Great conversation! Lets go fish sometime!
IBN, WOW!
Ira? Was that you singing? Word up my brother!
The old skinny grey guy who sat down next to me around the fire.....What was that?
The Rock that crawled under my jeep at Zens Camp, HOW did you crawl under there and high center my hungover ass without me knowing?
To all of those that I am sure I met, shook hands with and completely forgot your name within seconds of meeting you, hey! Word!

I hate lake fishing, it's just not for me, but If I can drop a drift boat in Dry Falls and row IBN all over in the dark, thats cool by me!
The next day, snuck off with Yard, roped a nice bow on a Shiny Orange Comet and a nice brown on a Yard design leech (You want a streamer lesson kids, hang out with Yard, not only can he tie them like no other, he can fish them even better). And last but NOT least, shit, I forgot already!

SAK
www.XstreamAnglers.Com
www.HydeOutdoors.Com

#22 ·
Mufka said:
Thanks to all for the great party and conversation. Fun trip even though the fishing left something to be desired. In any case the outing inspired me to join the forum so I can harness some of this fly fishing knowledge.-KJ (Tightline's Bro)
hahaha Mufka..Kevin nice to meet,party and fish with ya...Glad you made it out..I'm sure your big bro will get you out to another outing...hahaha mufka..hehehe.hahaha Yard cracked me up on that one....

#26 ·
Holy shit, sak you killed me on saturday night, right when I was just getting to talking dirty w/alpine too! I woke up halfway out of my tent with a tent steak stuck to the side of my face, no pants on, and a jug of water half empty in my tent. Pissed I faded so fast, I drank wayyy too much wayyy too fast. Thanks for the paddling my fatass around, that meteor was the highlight of the weekend for me, I think the aliens landed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.