Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Dry Falls

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Mike (Doc) LaCombe 
#1 ·
It certainly wasn't lonely over at DF for the opener. Water level was up from the fall so you could use both launches. H2O temp was 48-50 on the Hummingbird.

The weather on the first was great - sunny, no w---. There was frost in the AM. Fished okay for me on the opener and it looked like most people at least got into some fish - some more than others. There was a mix of sizes and it seemed that the most recent, cookie cutters where found out in the deeper water on leeches / buggers. The larger fish I caught were on chronies - thanks to Tom for the one that worked until I broke it off. Fish were very healthy.

The weather took a change on the 2nd - overcast, rain, some w---, just enough the be uncomforatable. I didn't last too long and decided to pack up and head west. There were others who decided to stay while I wussed out. Only one to the net for me on this day.

Got to meet some new people and get reacquainted with old friends. It can only get better.

MB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.