Dry Falls

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Trout Master, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Trout Master Active Member

Opens this friday, I am going with Scott Salzer and The one and only Rick Todd . Anyone else headed over ?
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,354 / 9
    What is the travel time from your place Oh Master of the Trouts? I'm dying to fish but have some strange time committments that must be met. I'd like to join you three fishy fellows and learn a few hundred thousand things.
  3. Trout Master Active Member

Well Mr Mumbles I think it is around 3 1/2 hours from edmonds or so. are you worthy to fish with us? Do you think you are ready to finally catch a Tiger or Brown and a nice bow? PLus you cant find better surroundings to look at .
  4. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,354 / 9
    Thinking that is quite a haul NOT for steelhead on a single day.
  5. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +236 / 0
    Mumbles-I too have a time issue (birthday party Saturday night) so I'm going to head back home around 4 pm on Saturday. Rick
  6. Go Fish Language, its a virus

Rheomode, Wa.
    Ratings: +88 / 0
    Post a report....planning to be over there
    later in the month. Conditions seem
    to be improving (warmth).

Dave
  7. Guy Gregory Active Member

Spokane, WA.
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    I'll see y'all there next wednesday.
  8. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    I love it when my "friends" go fishing and I work the weekend...:hmmm:
  9. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +342 / 3
    Roper it's time you hit the retire button...Boeing can figure out a way to not get it's planes finished without you.
    jesse
  10. Flyn'dutchman Member

Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I hope you guys are bringing the "big" anchors. The forecast is calling for 30mph gusts. It was beautiful today. Hardly a breath of wind and that's no "April Fools". I'll be back when the forecast is better.
  11. IveofIone Active Member

Ratings: +1,064 / 0
    Jesse, the thought occurred to me that perhaps Roper is the reason those planes aren't being delivered on time. He should retire and see if things actually improve at the Lazy B. I'm sure things would improve for Roper. If I could just win the 9.5 mil lotto.......I perceive that Roper is easy and could probably be bought out with a paltry quarter million dollars in cash.

I know you are even easier-a BelchFire Turbo Diesel Crew Cab King Ranch 4X4 would engrave a permanent smile on your face. Then life would become just one big Floating Fling that could take place in Washington, Idaho, Montana or perhaps BC. No more hoarding leave days for the penultimate moment. Since I am elderly and have no children or heirs I'll just pay for everything. Our only worry will be catching fish.

Of course if I only win a $1mil lottery all bets are off. That would just barely pay for our health insurance.

Ive
  12. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Jesse and Ive, Did I tell you guys about our current kitchen remodel? The one that gutted the place to the studs and is installing all new hardwood floors and custom cabinets...retirement just took a setback you might say. No worries, I've got plenty of vacation and sick leave this spring-fall to fish and hunt for sure. I might even be able to afford some new back-up waders....:thumb:
  13. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +342 / 3
    Roper if your going to back-up in your waders we have some with a 5 layer reinforced seat. he he he
  14. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    I guess I had that coming...:clown:
  15. Trout Master Active Member

Dry Falls fished extremely well on friday the first. Water temps to 49 deg F, Blood worms were the ticket for me. Nice fighting fish it was a numbers game and we all did well. Very good food and drink and company. I didnt get any pic's but rick Todd did. Came back today because of the wind,stopped and the ford and within 5 minutes C&R a nice big bow. Went from wind and sun to snow and rain. Not overly crowded by the skeeters were out friday night.
  16. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +201 / 0
    Except for the route we started on, great trip. TM, thanks for the company, Rick - thanks for the breakfasts, snacks and vino, Jose - good to be fishing with ya again.

Seemd like the fish were well spread around the lake. The water level is higher this year and you can use both launch areas. The shallow flats were full of fish and I spent the morning chasing dem dang things. They were sipping like crazy, small midges. I did manage a few on a size 14, black Hale Bop, and landed one, missed another on a size 20 midge pattern. Moved over to the "chum" line to join the people casting bloods into 8-10' of water. The fishing was disgustingly good. Chromies, size 12 black chronies and, like TM mentioned, bloods.

TM & I each managed a fish at RF on the way back. Mine was a punk but Jim brought in a decent fish.

A good day fishing with friends.

MB
  17. Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

N. Edmonds / Mukilteo, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    Thanks for the reports and pics between the two threads guys. I can't wait to get over to Dry Falls for the first time this year. If the group outing doesn't pan out, I need to make the trip anyway and do some camping. Sounds like you guys had a great time!
  18. Jumbo Member

Rural Western Wa, USA.
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    where can one camp at dry falls? at sun lakes state park or at the lake itself???
  19. Trout Master Active Member

Yes at the state park. Not a bad campground, clean restrooms and showers. I resemble your name Jumbo.
  20. cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +237 / 0
    There are two campgrounds, one state (Sun Lake State Park) and one private (Sun Lakes Resort). The state park campground is very nice, but beware of the resident racoons. They are bold and voracious. Leave nothing edible in the pockets of your pontoons or float tubes. I have found paw prints on the roof of my vehicle from their exploration of my pontoon boat. And they will climb into an open door or hatch of a vehicle even if you, relaxing by an evening fire, are just a few feet away.

Steve