Dry Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Eric Denny, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Eric Denny

Eric Denny It's summer time I'm fishing!!

I was going to wait a couple weeks but got to thinking about it and if I don't start now then spring will be here and I will be off to fish before the run off and wont have time to do another one of these tell next fall. So I am going to do another one now but this time we are going to only tie dry flies. I still want to do two different patterns because that worked well last time. I would also like to make this more of spring bugs,i.e. march browns, stone patterns, skwala, bwo, beastie, but thats not a must for the tie. And you are more than welcome to tie up your own patterns or twist off of these, these are just a idea. So I am looking for 9 more ppl for this so we will have 10 total in the time and you will need to tie 20 flies 2 different patterns and 10 of each. Also a self address stamped envelope if this is your first swap add about .40$ to the return envelope as flies might be bigger coming back than you sent.

1. me done!!
    2.whip-lash received!!!! And look nice!!!;-)
    3.plaegreid received!!! And thanks!
    4.buddy333 received!! Nice size!!!
    5.darryl Palh. Recieved!!! NICE
    6.P-Fitz98
    7.flybill
    8.Thom Collins. Received Got yours looking nice great looking flies!!
    9.ComeOnSounders received got yours love the pink makes them way easier to see!!!
    10.PhilR received and they look great!!!!

once I get 10 ppl we will go a month from that date but if I get them sooner I will send them sooner.

2. Whip-LASH

Whip-LASH MEOW

Eric, I'm down to tie some spring/summer dry flies. Awesome I can make some of my foam dry flies.
    I LOVE FOAM!!!!:D

Eyejuggler and Eric Denny like this.
  3. plaegreid

plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

I'll join!

Eric Denny likes this.
  4. Eric Denny

Glad you both decided to give it another go!!!!

5. Eric Denny

Well hope we can get some more ppl soon I would really like to kick this off!!!

6. Buddy333

Buddy333 Member

I have only been tying for a little over a year but would like to participate if the swap gets going.

Eric Denny likes this.
  7. Eric Denny

That's all I been tying so it sounds good to me!!

8. Darryl Pahl

Darryl Pahl Active Member

I'd like to join. I'd like to add a march brown with a foam body. And one other fly TBD - maybe a crane fly. More summer-ish I guess.

Eric Denny likes this.
  9. Eric Denny

Sounds good and they don't have to be spring patterns just thought that would be a good idea!!! But that march brown pattern sound interesting can't wait to see it!

10. Eric Denny

So I was really trying to get to 10 ppl again but if we can only get to 8 I guess we will run with that. So in less ppl start hoping on this that's the goal if it picks up we will still go to 10.

11. P-FITZ98

P-FITZ98 Member

I haven't done a swap for awhile, and it's nice to meet others from my hometown. I'm in if that's cool, Eric ? Not sure what to tie, but I need to look at hooks smaller than 2-6s for a change.

Eric Denny likes this.
  12. Eric Denny

Yeah tie what ever dry you want we are kinda aiming at spring stuff but that's not a must. Glad to have you on board and I also enjoy meeting ppl from my home town!!

13. Eric Denny

Also don't know if you see but we are tying two patterns!!

14. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

I'll join! Don't know what I'll tie for sure.. will let you know or maybe make it a surprise! 2 patterns is good...

What is the deadline going to be?

Eric Denny likes this.
  15. Eric Denny

It will be one month after the spots are full. Hope that works for you

flybill likes this.
  16. Eric Denny

Well we only need a couple more and we can get this started!! I am hoping we can get to 10 but we might just have to run with 8 to get this started.

17. Thom Collins

Thom Collins Active Member

If it's not too late I'd like to play.

Eric Denny likes this.
  18. Eric Denny

Nope its not to late Thom!!! But since we have 8 I will give it tell this sunday and if know one else joins we will run with 8. That way we can get this wrapped up before fishing starts!!!

19. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

I'm going to do a Lady McConnell and a Skawala dry (probably for the Yakima).. maybe for the Bitterroot..

Eric Denny likes this.
  20. Eric Denny

sounds great flybill and I look forward to opening the package and seeing what I get from each and everyone of you. Thats part of the fun for me so I can wait to see what you all tie up!!!:)