Dry Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Eric Denny, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Looks like it's going to be 8 of us guys so unless you know some ppl only one more day and we will run with what we have!!

2. I'd love to get in on this if you'll have me. I'm a beginner, so I'll pick something simple that I can do well.

3. I don't have a problem with you getting in but please read the beginning of the thread so you know what this is aimed at. And it will be two different patterns so if your still game let me know and I will add you.

4. I'm in!

Eric Denny likes this.
  5. I'd like to jump in if that last slot is still open. Thanks.

6. I will be tying the Red Humpy (Foam) and Puterbaugh Caddis (Yellow). ;)

7. Looks like we got 10 I will do a group message later. Thank you everyone

8. Here's couple pictures of my Red and Orange Humpy (Foam). Haven't decided which one or both will be in the Swap.
    20140326_052909-1.jpg 20140325_143731.jpg 20140325_143648.jpg

Eric Denny and flybill like this.
  9. Whip-LASH likes this.
  10. Nice just making sure did everyone get the inbox message?

11. I got it. I didn't see a due date in there though. Have you decided on one yet?

12. Thanks for pointing that out its April 25th but if I get them before then I will get them sent back out

13. Got the first ten done, a #10 "Amy's Ant" inspired Skwalla. Sorry about the yellow tint to the pics. The dubbing is actually quite yellow, not orange. Thinking some sort of March Brown for the second pattern. DSCN0917.JPG DSCN0918.JPG DSCN0919.JPG

kelvin, plaegreid and Whip-LASH like this.
  14. Nice looking!!!

15. wish I had that yesterday on the yak

16. Looks like some great flies so far. I think I'm going to go with a foam golden stone and a biot-bodied Adams.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thom Collins and Eric Denny like this.
  17. Just touching base with everyone. I have gotten my first set done plan on getting the rest done over the next few days!!;-) really enjoying my new vise.

18. Silence...the sound of guilt. I haven't even started. But, I hadn't really planned on committing a bunch of time until my spring break (I'm a teacher) which starts this weekend. As soon as I get a few tied up, I'll post a pic.

Eric Denny likes this.
  19. Lol nice I like that. And can understand!!