Dumb Question

Discussion in 'New Features, Site News, Issues Info.' started by Dick Warnke, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Dick Warnke

Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

Being a somewhat "older" person and computer challenged, I am wondering why whenever I post a thread or a reply there is the word Edit next to the word Quote. And I don't know how to not show it when I post. ?:confused:

2. ibn

ibn Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    If you make a type-o in one of your posts you can click the "edit" button to go back and make changes to the post you just made. That should open a window that lets you edit your text, make your changes, then click the save button. Try it, go in and edit out one of your 5 questionmarks listed above. The Edit button only appears on your own posts, I don't have the option to edit your posts.

If you want to reply specifically to a poster and include their text in the darker shaded quote box in your reply, you just need to click the Quote button instead of the Post Reply button if you're replying to a thread.

3. Dick Warnke

Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

Thanks iBN, Look at that, first day on the job and you already educated one of the Dumb A...s! Thanks again and Congrats on the moderator post, your a good choice!!