Dumbbell lake, White pass

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Top in my class, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Hello everyone,
    Will be camping at dog lake with my Dad and little brother tomorrow night and have decided that we will hike up to Dumbbell the next morning. My Dad hasn't fished Dumbbell lake in over 10 years and I have never fished it. Very excited about going as I have already made it up to leech lake this year and dog with good results. love going back to leech every year.
    Just wanted to hear if you guys had any information on dumbbell lake? heard they have lots of cutthroat and brooks.
    Would really appreciate any help and will be sure to have a report on how our trip goes.
    Thanks a lot!

2. Hi there, you may want to make sure and bring plenty of mosquito replant as June is usually a bad month for the blood suckers up there. As far as fishing goes, I can't help much, it's been years since I've fished those lakes. If you do the loop, you can check out Long John either on the way there or the way back. Also, it's fairly hard to fish those lakes without a watercraft, so you might think about packing a float tube. Good luck, can't wait to hear a report (so I can live vicariously through you). :)

3. You might checkout Cramer as it's on the way in. Last I fished Dumbbell is was fished out think due to in part being on the crest trail. For me, those high alpine lakes with pressure on them can come and go for good fishing; largely in terms of when get high lake stocked. On a clear day the Rainier view is nice there. PM me if you'd like any other ideas in the area.