Early Summer small stream report

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by WA-Fly, Jun 15, 2014.

1. WA-Fly Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +56 / 0
    I haven't been on here in a while, mainly because I haven't been doing a lot of fishing but managed to escape a few times lately. Over memorial day I spent some time on a new stream in the eastern WA high country, caught plenty of brilliantly colored Columbia redbands, unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me that day. But I did spend a little time at Long lake in Ferry with a camera and caught some awesome cutthroat. I fished my favorite Brookie stream and it was running high and I got skunked... But I still had a blast exploring new water, fishing dries on tiny creeks and scuds in the lake. Looking forward to another good season of skinny water fishing. uploadfromtaptalk1402887773605.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1402887791077.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1402887804683.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
  2. Skysoldier Trout Hunter

Lost in the woods.....
    Ratings: +197 / 0
    Great color on that Cutthroat!
  3. WA-Fly Active Member

WA
    That was actually the least colorful of the fish I caught, but the only one I managed to get a picture of.
    Skysoldier likes this.
  4. JasonG Active Member

Issaquah Wa
    Ratings: +58 / 0
    Great pics. Thanks for sharing.
  5. XC_Fisher New Member

Ratings: +1 / 0
  6. Cruik Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +142 / 0
    Nice colors there. Including the brown black bear.
  7. WA-Fly Active Member

WA
    The bear was standing on two legs when I first saw him, couldn't get a picture before he dropped down to all four

8. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,725 / 0
    How close were you to him?
  9. WA-Fly Active Member

WA
    About 30 yards the picture looks farther, he stayed there for quite a while I was suprised. There was enough time to take to shots on a muzzle loader it was something else

10. Greg Price Love da little fishies

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +70 / 0
    Wonder if the bear would chase a cheeseburger fly. Word have to obtain a stiff rod with excellent drag on the reel.
    JayH likes this.