Eastern WA fishing is heating up!

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Starman77, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Topstoy Member

Tonasket, WA
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    I asked Bob but he wasn't sure who was going to fill his shoes. He did say that his replacement will take over the Fish Wrapper.
  2. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +168 / 0
    I checked with Chad and Bob just retired on Sept. 30th. They haven 't replaced him yet but they will post the position soon.
  3. Starman77 Active Member

Kent, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    Gave this unnamed lake another try yesterday (Thursday, 11/6/2013) to see how it was fishing before winter really sets in. Based on the empty Styrofoam worm containers, beer bottles and cans and other assorted trash along the shoreline (I collected a bag full), it appears that the “secret” got out and the lake was hit pretty hard by the gear fishermen since a month ago. I landed and released 7 rainbows that ranged in size from 18 to 21 inches, so quite a few less than the 21 rainbows from the outing a month ago. My friend did better, landing and releasing 12 rainbows in the 18 to 19 inch range. Water temp was 52 degrees (as measured with my Fishin' Buddy just below the surface), and the water was very clear with about 12 to 14 feet of visibility. Things are cooling off, literally and figuratively. The good thing is that the colder air temperatures appear to have killed off the mosquitoes. Minnow patterns with red gills seemed to be the ticket; this lake does have lots of perch and bass, so maybe the rainbows key in on the perch minnows occasionally. I was finding fish in the 25 to 30 foot depths, using my RIO Deep 7 full sinking line to get that deep. Even though fishing wasn't nearly as good as a month ago, it was still pretty decent for a general regulation lake and we had the lake all to ourselves the entire day.

Rex
    Mark Kraniger likes this.
  4. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +168 / 0